Snacks around 100 calories

Options
I just wanted to know what tasty little snacks everyone else has purchased/made that stay around 100-150 calories. I eat a lot of the usual nuts, pretzels, yogurt, fruit, etc. but those can get boring.

What does everyone else eat?? Any ideas?! :happy:

Replies

• nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    I just wanted to know what tasty little snacks everyone else has purchased/made that stay around 100-150 calories. I eat a lot of the usual nuts, pretzels, yogurt, fruit, etc. but those can get boring.

What does everyone else eat?? Any ideas?! :happy:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Pringles - Baked Wheat Stix - Honey Butter, 1 pack 90
    Nabisco Wheat Thins - Toasted Chips Multi-Grain, 28 g/about 15 chips 120
    Jell-O (Jello) - Gelatin Snacks - Strawberry, 1 snack 70
    Smartfood - Popcorn/White Cheddar Cheese/100cal Packs, 1 pack 100
    Breyers Light - Creamy Vanilla Sandwiches, 1 sandwich (61g) 130
    Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs - Nutter Butter Chewy Granola Bars, 1 bar 100

These are just some of the ones that I had today.. haha I went to the grocery store found the snack aisle and pretty much put everything that was 150 cals or less in my cart.. lol Hope that helps...
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    There are several snacks in those 100 cal mini packs (Ritz, oreo, shortbread, chocolate rice bites etc)
    Breyers double churned chocolate icecream bar
    cheese strings
    single size creamsicles
    100 cal smart pop popcorn
    gluten free biscotti - health food store
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    -1/2 an english muffin with 1-2 tablespoons tomato sauce and some fat free/low fat mozzarella (depending on what cheese/sauce you used its anywhere from 120-160)
    its like a mini-meal!
    -i love nachos, but chips even baked chips can get pretty high calorie so i found that celery or calorie sticks taste pretty good with tostidos salsa con queso sounds weird, but its good! give it a chance lol
    -a piece of fruit with t.marzetti's cream cheese fruit dip(70 for 2tbls), they also have a chocolate(110 for 2tbls)
    -lowfat candy; gummy bears 135 for 20
    -skinny cow ice cream cones (150)
    -veggies with 2tbls hummus (130)
    -my mom makes this for an appetizer at thanksgiving and i love it, also..kinda weird but it might sound good to you; celery sticks with 2tbls cream cheese w/ cut up spanish olives (combine the olives and cream cheese before putting it on the celery)..99 calories
    -Popsicles, the generic fruit or candy flavored ones are like 50 calories
    - romaine lettuce, 25 croutons, parmesan cheese, kraft just 2 good creamy caesar dressing...this isnt really a snack, but its about 150 calories also
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites:

1 apple with 1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss: 107 calories
    1 soyjoy bar: 140 calories
    7 triscuitt crackers: 140 calories
    2 cups mixed salad greens with tomatoes, cucumber, nonfat dressing (depends on dressing, but around 100).
    3 whole carrots and 1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss: 100 calories

Check out Hungrygirl.com for lots of low fat recipes for snacks.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese spread wedges (35 cals each), spread on celery, green peppers, or a few crackers
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Banana Split

40 cal - 1 scoop (1/4 c) Breyer's sugar free double churn van ice cream
    12 cal - 1/4 cup strawberries
    45 cal - 1/2 sm banana
    25 cal - 1 Tbl of Hershey's Light chocolate syrup
    15 cal - 1 Tbl of Redi Whip

Total 137 cal

Without banana only 92 cal

:drinker:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I try not to snack because when I do it sets off something in my brain and I want to keep eating. However, I did buy some red licorice and four strings are like 140 calories. It's chewy and sweet so I can mindlessly eat them in front of the TV!!:laugh:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i like the del monte real fruit bars.... they are yummy popsicles 45-50 calories each
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Trader Joes. If you happen to have one around, they have a lot of great items for 100-ish calories.
    The Low-Fat Honey Wheat Pretzels - 10 for 110 calories
    Sour Cream and Onion Crisps Made with Rice - 38 for 120 calories (DELICIOUS!!)
    Cinnamon Crumpet - 110 calories
    Apple/Cranberry Bran Muffin -100 (around there, I havent had them in awhile)
    Pomegranate/Cranberry Bran Muffin - 90 Calories (again, right around there)
    Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads - 3 to 4 for 90 calories (Each piece is good sized and they are SOO good by themselves or top them with a little salsa. I like the pineapple salsa at TJ)

Other various things
    Bowl of Mixed Berries - About 1 cup of sliced strawberries and like 1/2 cup of blackberries -around 100 cals.
    1 large banana
    Fiber one Oats n Chocolate Chewy Bar - 140 cals (a bit higher than 100 cals but super satisfying and tasty and includes 35% of your daily fiber requirements.
  • TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Alpen Light bars (59 calories) come in 4 different flavours. and are satisfying. only they're quite sweet.

Yoplait Forme No-Fat yogurt only has 48 calories per 125g. It tastes really good too!

a slice of bread or 1/2 a bagel or an English muffin (you get the idea)
    with
    2-3 tbsp sugar-free strawberry jam (50Fifty is the greatest) or Laughing Cow Cheese
    adds up to
    75-150 calories depending on the combo.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I think the 100 calorie snacks seem like a great idea if you are muncher. Even a few years ago I would have been all over those! With being a "stay at home" mom, I can't keep those in the house...Because at the end of the day I would have eaten five of them, for only 500 extra calories per day! LOL On the go, they are great, but it is not a calorie intake I normally have. EVERYONE loves those things though! NUM! NUM! NUM! I'm just a pig with goodies though. Yikes!:ohwell:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Breakstones lowfat 2% cottage cheese is a great snack. Only 90 calories and you get some dairy in too.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Oreo Mini 100 Calorie Packs or the Cheez-it Snack Mix 100 Calorie Packs
    To me, these come closest to mimicking their "real" counter parts.
    Very tastey.
    In some cases, its the same food, just broken down into a serving size for you.
    I like to have a cup at my desk, and when I snack from one of the office snacks, I just fill the cup.
    Its a lot easier to monitor how much you eat that way!