What real women look like!

Options

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My body gallery = Everyday women who are not photoshopped to hell and airbrushed like a mamajama.

I totally get it and I love the site. There are even a few pictures of ME on it during my weight journey!!!!!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I found that site to be fun & interesting!
    I was terrible at the quiz, always getting only 1 out of 3 women right, and 0 out of 3 on the men! :embarassed:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I thought if you had two X chromosomes you were a real woman?

Or one x chromosome (no y and no other x). Or an xy, with the part that results in a male reproductive system missing. Or an xy, but you don't have properly functioning androgen receptors (do not develop as male). Or an xy, but hormonal issues at a critical time in utero caused the brain to develop as female. etc...
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Pretty neat, I guess but I was somewhat disappointed that after entering all my info, I only got 3 pictures. Two were the exact same and of someone's face. Oh well.

ETA: I went back and took out my age, pant and shirt sizes and was able to get a few more pics.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options

You just offended transgendered people.

I lol'd at this. No matter what you say, there is someone who will be offended by it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This is the message that I get all the time when I enter my stats. It seems that in order to get an idea of how a "real woman look like," you have to fit certain criteria. My stats and age don't make me a real woman, just a very special and old snow flake.

No, I am not uploading my picture in the internet.

Then why are you complaining that you aren't represented? If nobody your age and body type posts their picture, then those pictures won't be out there.

I posted mine because there aren't that many 5'9" women north of 200. People need to see a range of body types.

They have the ability to block out your face and crop down the photo.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's a very useful site, as long as you bring your salt shaker.

There are clearly some folks on that piece lying about their stats across the board.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It's a very useful site, as long as you bring your salt shaker.

There are clearly some folks on that piece lying about their stats across the board.

Yes, I agree. I've been to the site before. There have been some where I've thought, no way... not possible.
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love this site. Thanks for posting!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Nope. XXY is a Kleinfelter's Male.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    In for the "real women" sh**storm that is probably coming.
    I'll provide.

Anybody that is a woman is real woman. No matter if they're a VS model, short/tall, thin/overweight/obese, heavily freckled, old, young, pasty, dark.

Being a woman makes you a real woman. Our insecurities do not make somebody else less of a woman.

But, in response to the OP's actual post, I love that site and use it all the time!!

I'm going to go a step further to say "anyone who identifies as a real woman" is a real woman.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm taking "real women" in this case to mean "not Photoshopped". Not an argument that a particular body type is the only acceptable one.

This
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I'm taking "real women" in this case to mean "not Photoshopped". Not an argument that a particular body type is the only acceptable one.

I AGREE
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website. It's fun to look at. I've never been too keen on comparing my body to others of my same height and size, but once in a while, it's fun to check out normal people in their underwear.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just went back to the site, it's changed some since I last saw it. "What Real Women Look Like" is actually the website's tagline. Sorry if someone else already pointed that out; poor OP needlessly took some heat on that one.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That site is blocked at work, but I'm going to try and remember to check it out tonight. I have found that I am more or less comfortable at a higher weight than my original goal. I like the way I feel and look, but I have to admit I wish the scale read lower.

When I was this same size before (wore these exact same clothes before and they fit like they do now and measurements the same), I was almost 10 lbs lighter. While I'd like to think the difference is muscle to fat ratio, that's a pretty big difference. I do workout more intensely than I used to, but honestly I'm beginning to think all the scales are wrong.

ETA: sorry, I veered a little off topic there.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

grabs popcorn and other snacks for the occasion \m/
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP says site has pictures of real women
    Site has pictures of real women
    People who fail to click get mad because they project their own issues onto the OPs words.

Seems legit
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    keeping this so I can check the site out later