Need chocolate suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Eat the very dark chocolate, at least that is good for you. Dark chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Two heart health benefits of dark chocolate are:

This doesn't mean that you should eat a pound of chocolate a day. Chocolate is still a high-calorie, high-fat food. Most of the studies done used no more than 100 grams, or about 3.5 ounces, of dark chocolate a day to get the benefits.
  • carmenrichard
    Options
    I always crave chocolate at night. I do great during the day (usually), but after I get home and eat dinner, I crave chocolate. I need suggestions for low calorie chocolate that actually takes away the craving. Pudding and 100 calorie packs just don't do it for me :(

sugar free fudgsicles...pure yummmminess only 40 calories
  • electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the high quality dark chocolates! You can't deprive yourself, and just pretending to have dark chocolate doesn't actually help you in the long run. I too, eat the Trader Joes dark chocolate bars. At first I didn't like it so much because I expect Hershey's milk chocolate...but then you adjust. I've found that it tastes more chocolatey in fewer bites. Think about all the antioxidants! I've also been told to get Dove, dark chocolate, mini chocolates... if you can handle keeping a bag of quality chocolates in your house!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds...But watch out, we call 'em "crack almonds" because they can be addictive.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 finger dark chocolate kit kat every day - 106 cals :bigsmile:
  • lawanna29
    Options
    Try the Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut Chew Bar ....130 cal 1 gram of sugar and 6 gm of fiber ond only 2 net carb...ITS TASTE JUST LIKE A SNICKERS BAR....I LOVE THEM!!!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Carb smart ice cream bars!!!
  • sunshine_machine
    Options
    Dark chocolate is fantastic...but what if you're someone who doesn't like the taste of dark chocolate? I want so badly to get into it because I have such a huge sweet tooth that causes me to binge quite a bit...
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is fantastic...but what if you're someone who doesn't like the taste of dark chocolate? I want so badly to get into it because I have such a huge sweet tooth that causes me to binge quite a bit...

I hear you and I will admit that for the longest time I didn't get it...but imagine this....you have no sugar for like 2-4 wks nothing sweet than you eat a piece of dark chocolate, it sure won't taste like it used to. Honestly that's how i got hooked, i really and truly savor each nibble of it now and the chocolate flavor is so much more intense. I'd say start with 72% if you aren't used to the really bitter stuff. :)
  • sunshine_machine
    Options
    I hear you and I will admit that for the longest time I didn't get it...but imagine this....you have no sugar for like 2-4 wks nothing sweet than you eat a piece of dark chocolate, it sure won't taste like it used to. Honestly that's how i got hooked, i really and truly savor each nibble of it now and the chocolate flavor is so much more intense. I'd say start with 72% if you aren't used to the really bitter stuff. :)

Haha! That actually sounds like it would work! I can see how you got hooked like that. I usually don't eat sweet at all and don't allow myself so much as a "cheat" day, but the scenario you created actually sounds like the perfect chocolate craving killer! I'll make sure to look for 72% when I get an intense craving. Any specific brand that's the best or that you recommend? :)
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love Dove Dark chocolate candy bar :tongue: They are 190 cals for 5 squares I think, It lasts me all day, I just suck on it to get the most flavor- YUMMY!!
  • azmomof2
    Options

Haha! That actually sounds like it would work! I can see how you got hooked like that. I usually don't eat sweet at all and don't allow myself so much as a "cheat" day, but the scenario you created actually sounds like the perfect chocolate craving killer! I'll make sure to look for 72% when I get an intense craving. Any specific brand that's the best or that you recommend? :)

Yeah actually Ghiradelli has a bar and a bag of squares called Twilight. Then play with the different brands from there if you are having just one or two squares a day it's actually beneficial antioxidant wise. I love going to Cost Plus World Market and trying different imported foods and that goes for imported chocolates as well!

P.S. I know I'm 35 and my teens would kill me but can I have your hair? It's awesome and so fits that spunky pic! :glasses:
  • sunshine_machine
    Options

Yeah actually Ghiradelli has a bar and a bag of squares called Twilight. Then play with the different brands from there if you are having just one or two squares a day it's actually beneficial antioxidant wise. I love going to Cost Plus World Market and trying different imported foods and that goes for imported chocolates as well!

P.S. I know I'm 35 and my teens would kill me but can I have your hair? It's awesome and so fits that spunky pic! :glasses:

Okay! Ghiradelli--check! I'm actually kind of excited for my next chocolate craving now! I heard that dark chocolate is so good as far as antioxidants go, that's part of the reason I really want to gain a taste for it :) I don't think I have a Cost Plus World Market around me though...I've never heard of it! Do you know of any generic stores that sell imported foods and chocolates? Like, would something like a farmer's market work? There's one by me that sells tons of goodies from all over the world that I've never heard of!

P.S. HAHA! You're too funny! You could totally have my hair! I mean, it doesn't look that way anymore; that bright red totally faded and now I'm left with more of a dull copper color :/ Red is SO difficult to maintain, that's why I'm getting my hair redyed on Saturday. I'm going platinum blonde with dark brown layers underneath :) I'll change my picture to something equally as spunky!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Oikos nonfat chocolate Greek yogurt!
  • azmomof2
    Options
    [/quote]

Okay! Ghiradelli--check! I'm actually kind of excited for my next chocolate craving now! I heard that dark chocolate is so good as far as antioxidants go, that's part of the reason I really want to gain a taste for it :) I don't think I have a Cost Plus World Market around me though...I've never heard of it! Do you know of any generic stores that sell imported foods and chocolates? Like, would something like a farmer's market work? There's one by me that sells tons of goodies from all over the world that I've never heard of!

P.S. HAHA! You're too funny! You could totally have my hair! I mean, it doesn't look that way anymore; that bright red totally faded and now I'm left with more of a dull copper color :/ Red is SO difficult to maintain, that's why I'm getting my hair redyed on Saturday. I'm going platinum blonde with dark brown layers underneath :) I'll change my picture to something equally as spunky!
    [/quote]

The farmers market I'm sure will work as far as finding interesting imported dark chocolates Like I found one that had dried crunchy bits of unsweetened berries in it, Yummy! Ghiradelli as you know is everywhere! Can't wait to see the new pic I bet it's gonna look great! :smile:
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dove dark chocolate with almonds...just have one piece!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    What is all this talk about finding chocolate? I don't have to find chocolate, it finds me! :happy: