What if you eat the same number of calories every day?

Options
Every day I'm netting the same number of calories giving me a 500 calorie deficit each day.

Will I consistently lose 1 lb. of fat a week? I only have about 10 lbs. to lose to reach my ideal weight.

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Every day I'm netting the same number of calories giving me a 500 calorie deficit each day.

Will I consistently lose 1 lb. of fat a week? I only have about 10 lbs. to lose to reach my ideal weight.

In theory yes. If you have a 500 calorie daily deficit you will lose 1 pound of fat per week. Now your scale may not show that simply because your body can vary in weight by a good +/- 5 pounds due to changes in water retention so you shouldn't expect the scale to go down by exactly 1 pound each week.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

It isnt going to be linear as they say.
    There may be weeks you dont lose, some you lose over 1, some maybe you gain slightly due to water or whatever.

If you stick to that though, which means you always have to calculate calories in vs calories out exactly right, and you should see some gradual loss. If you only have about ten to go it make take longer.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

1 pound of FAT......not likely.

When you have an aggressive weekly goal you are more likely to lose fat + muscle.

If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.