Getting Started AGAIN!

Options
4mricandy
4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
Getting started again! I wonder how many times I have said that. I just finished my 35th year of teaching and am ready to focus once again on getting into better shape. I have fluctuated between 250-310 pounds for probably 10 years - up and down, up and down. I should get a second job as a yo-yo! I am determined to get back to the 260 side of this fluctuation and stay there once and for all. Good luck to me!

Replies

• fat2fit34
    fat2fit34 Posts: 6
    Options
    good luck I was stuck at 209 and I gave up and started again but this time I stuck to it I am now 192 pounds and slowly going down if you need a friend feel free to add me
  • jdawgs0314
    jdawgs0314 Posts: 34
    Options
    yes sir good luck to you. i have also fluctuated some in weight. and now am determined to get back down around 260 and then some.

feel free to add me. am on here every day.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone with RE-starting! I just started back last week and I am determined to make it different this time. Welcome and good luck!
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP.... this is my third time here and each time has been a success. I am on here daily and find the support and motivation phenomenal.

Anyone out there that wants a serious diet buddy, just send me a request. We can all have a successful journey!!!!
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time on MFP and I've lost 31 lbs. I decided to take one day at a time and push ahead no matter what. I weighed 218 when I started. 186 today. My starting weight says 215 but I'd gained 3 lbs when I started again. Welcome back!!!!
  • eyley
    eyley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fellow re-starter here.

I've bounced around either side of 220lbs for a long time.

"This time..."
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    You can TOTALLY do this!! Connect with your WHY and go for it! I believe in you :) Will add you!
  • lohnerlover
    Options
    I don't think saying getting started again is the best way to describe what we are all doing. I like to think that I am getting better at living a healthy lifestyle, and I try not to be too hard on myself. I got an Almond Joy after the gym yesterday, and that's ok because I made better choices yesterday, even with the Almond Joy than I was making six months ago. I would have eaten 5 snack size bars and hid the rest for tomorrow. Baby steps and one day at a time are the best ways to tackle any challenge, and this one is one of the most difficult for a lot of people. Just remember that improvement is much more important that perfection. Good luck to you all.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome 32 years of teaching, way to go!

Now what would you tell your students to do that are struggling in your subject? What tools would you give them? How would you help motivate them?

Change all that to You, your health and your fitness.

Prove that you CAN do this, once and for all.