Body shap... How do I determine mine?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was looking at a great post from another member that referenced a website where you could look at women's pics based on height/weight/pant size/top size and it was really interesting. Totally puts a healthy and fresh view on how we are all different. Here is my dilemma...How do I know my body shape? I will think maybe pear but that doesn't fit, so I think curvy, that doesn't fit. I carry a majority of my fat/weight in my tummy (cant lie its downright squishy) and also carry weight on my back. My legs tend to stay a little slimmer but my butt gets bigger with weight and wider LOL. One of my high points on my journey is not having a tummy that hangs over. If you have experienced it you will know what I mean. Any tips or suggestions on how to determine my body type?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Replies

• shellya30
    shellya30 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sorry. Meant SHAPE not shap LOL
  • StephanieR88
    Options
    Post a picture
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you gain in your belly / upper body, that's an apple body type.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a classic 'apple' to me...
  • shellya30
    Options
    StephanieR88... Here you go :) and thanks for the help everyone.

d6ca7f15-11fd-4c7d-836f-5929b32e7ebb_zps8dc43cb9.jpg
    eab08c84-e4b9-43aa-8660-410f76439223_zps1519a9d6.jpg
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    maybe a little curvy, definitely not pear shaped!
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Imo classic hourglass shape. You actually have a great shape!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was looking at a great post from another member that referenced a website where you could look at women's pics based on height/weight/pant size/top size and it was really interesting. Totally puts a healthy and fresh view on how we are all different. Here is my dilemma...How do I know my body shape? I will think maybe pear but that doesn't fit, so I think curvy, that doesn't fit. I carry a majority of my fat/weight in my tummy (cant lie its downright squishy) and also carry weight on my back. My legs tend to stay a little slimmer but my butt gets bigger with weight and wider LOL. One of my high points on my journey is not having a tummy that hangs over. If you have experienced it you will know what I mean. Any tips or suggestions on how to determine my body type?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Apple.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I would say apple also. I've always considered am hourglass to be slim in the waist (like 10" smaller than bust and hips). I wish I was an hourglass... :-/. I'm an apple.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    What are your measurements (bust, waist, hip)?
  • shellya30
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back everyone :) I actually have no idea what my measurements are. I will have to take them and see.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I think it would really help in determining your shape.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    You look like hourglass to me which is the best shape. If your bust and hips match with a smaller waist that is hourglass. If your hips are larger than your bust that is pear. Apple is when your stomach and waist are pretty much the same measurement.
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You look like an apple to me.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Given your description, I thought apple. But given your picture, I'd guess hourglass. Apple people pretty much have no waist line -- their waists are very similar to their hips or bigger than their hips. Hourglass people have waists that are smaller than their busts and hips. Pear people have smaller bust, a waist but larger hips -- and tend to carry their weight in their hips/thighs.

My guess is that you have a slight hourglass. Not an extreme Marilyn Monroe version where her waist was 70% of her hips, but probably that your waist is 80-85% of your hips.