Anybody on Lyrica?????

Options
If so, what is your experience with it. Side effects, how long did they last? I just started it but have read up on the side effects. Some are pretty scary. When my Doctor prescribed it, he said there was only slight drowsiness. I feel it does more than that. Any real life info would help. Doctors always like to gloss over the truth to push their meds. :drinker:

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I took Lyrica for back pain for two years. I HATED it. It caused me to eat everything that wasn't nailed down, caused bloating, made me dizzy, messed up my vision. The only good thing about it was it helped me sleep.

I will have my arms super glued to an alligator's lips before I ever go near this devil drug again. Did it help with the pain? Yes, but I am still carrying the 40 lbs I gained while on it.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Did it make your eyes hurt.
  • Veil5577
    Options
    No, it didn't make them hurt, but it was hard to focus them. I had to quit my job because of it.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    What was your dose.
  • Veil5577
    Options
    I was on the highest dose they were allowed to give me, I can't remember the exact number. I had two slipped disks in my lower back. At the same time I was on Lyrica I was also on the highest dose of Percocet AND drinking on top of it, that's how bad the pain I was suffering was.

After my back surgery I kicked it all cold turkey BUT I DO NOT recommend you do that, especially with Lyrica.

At lower doses you may not experience these things to the degree that I did. But if the side effects are too much, tell your doctor to put you on something else. That's what I should have done.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Right now I am on 75 mg at bedtime. I am supposed to raise it to 150mg but I think I will keep it at 75 since it seems to do the trick. It does make my vision seem like I am looking through beer bottles.