Greetings!

Options
I've been over weight my entire life, well except when I was a baby. My family is heavy too, which I'm sure contributed to my difficulties in getting healthy. You know, not learning portion control and drinking a lot of sodas. Ah, the metabolism of childhood.

Anyway, I've been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I need to get in shape. It use to be, "I'll get in shape later", now is later for me. I took the classes at Humphrey's Diabetic Center and was struggling with keeping my sugars down, until I started using the myfitnesspal app on my iphone. This app has been amazing at helping watch my carbohydrates and calories.

I recently started looking at the site and it's awesome too! I love being able to program my favorite recipes into the tracker to get their nutrition values. I am really excited about seeing all the recipes people put up, especially when I start experimenting with sugar free baking at Christmas :happy:

I hate doing the self descriptions, but here's what I know about me. I'm tall. 6'3. I'm married. I own a business and I work Health Care. I live in Boise, ID and I am a gamer. (RPG'S, CCG's, and Board Games)

Good Luck to everyone and Take Care!

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. Nice to see another gamer here, lol. But better not turn it into a games chat, lol.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you do well and gets lots of support and motivation :-)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Welcome - explore the boards it is amazing the information you will find. :flowerforyou: