Some opinions please!

Options
Based on my picture, how much weight would you think I need to loose to be at 20% body fat and how much does it look like a weigh now? In my opinion, I think my body type is different than most and I store a lot of muscle but have a hard time losing the fat on top. I am curious if it's all in my head or if others agree.

2014_06_11_11_14_13_1.jpg

never done the picture thing... hope this works!

Replies

• jaimeizzle89
    Options
    Fyi, im 5'2
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    At 5'2" you look like you're at 180-190 pounds and probably 49% BF, but it's difficult to tell with only a belly shot. Arms and legs are important too. The group "Eat, Train, Progress" could help you with this. I'd recommend looking into that group for guidance.

You could be at your current weight and be at 20% BF if you were really muscular. The question is, how much muscle do you want? A person could be at 120 pounds and still have a large fat to muscle ratio. (Skinny fat)
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    175 lbs. u look good.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Worrying about the numbers at this point is sort of pointless. Even if you knew your current lean mass numbers you couldn't calculate your weight at 20% body fat because there's no guarantee that you will retain all that mass when losing weight. Just start losing and see where you end up. You say you store lots of muscle, but I still suggest strength training to maintain that because it will mean you have to lose less weight in the long run.

Also, 20% looks a bit different on everyone. I am a 5'9" female with 20% body fat at 181 pounds.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Here is the exact advice that was given to you on your other thread:
    Don't focus on numbers and the scale... You need to be happy with yourself! Focus on a healthy lifestyle and you will be where you want to be in no time! Good luck flowerforyou[/img]