the lower belly pudge

Options
It haunts me since I gave birth. My lower belly is my biggest problem area right now. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Im currently on 30DS and eating around 1500-1800 cals a day because I breastfeed.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Stomach is usually the last place to lose from. It took me my last few lbs before I saw significant improvement. There's no spot reducing areas, you're at the mercy of genetics for fat loss. Just keep a moderate deficit, good amount of protein and ideally resistance training and in time, you'll see a difference. It's a game of patience. This is a good read too :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    Stomach is usually the last place to lose from. It took me my last few lbs before I saw significant improvement. There's no spot reducing areas, you're at the mercy of genetics for fat loss. Just keep a moderate deficit, good amount of protein and ideally resistance training and in time, you'll see a difference. It's a game of patience. This is a good read too :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

I agree with this. My lower abdominal area is always the first to gain fat and the last to lose. Many of the girls with completely flat stomachs at higher body fat %'s have great genetics and I'm completely envious of them. Just work on overall health- do enough cardio and keep your diet in check, changes will show.
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pretty much as others stated... it's about time, accuracy and consistency. Make sure you have a food scale and I would probably suggest picking up some weight training.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    besides what everyone else has said, I noticed something on myself this morning. I have a "S" curve on my lower back and butt. My natural pose will make my lower belly sticking out more than other people...I do have flat stomach and fairly low fat in that area but it's so annoying to look like I have a pooch. :(