*NICE* adjectives starting with J and K for hen do names

Options
lolliopopsnrainbows
lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
I'm organising a hen do weekend for my friend, and am going to make personalised sashes for us all to wear. Some of the girls would definitely not be comfortable in the usual "Slutty Sarah", "Kinky Katie" type sashes and so (perhaps contraversially!) I'm going to go for ones that are nicer descriptions such as "Stunning", "Heavenly", "Beautiful" instead that describe appearance. However, I'm seriously stuck on J and K - and to make it worse I need three J's and three K's!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions? Pleeeeease....!!!!

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    jovial, jazzy, Jubilant, judicious,Jocund, keen, kissable, killer
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just so we're clear... a hen do is like a bachelorette party, yes?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Jailbait Jenna

Kutie Pie Kendra
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Just so we're clear... a hen do is like a bachelorette party, yes?

haha I was thinking the same thing...I wouldn't even know that without reading British chick lit in the past...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    J: jaunty, judicious, just, jet-setting
    K: kissable, candid (it's the sound, not the letter), keen, kindly, kosher (heh)

Honestly, if you don't want to go the "Sassy Susan" way, I would use the connection to the bride or let them pick their own. My maid of honor had the girls paint their own sashes. Some wrote their role in the wedding (Maid of Honor, Bridesmaid, Bride's Bestie), and others wrote things like, "Most Likely to Pass Out" or other "Most Likely to....[thing that would happen at a bachelorette].

Honestly, the alliterative thing doesn't work as well when you force it. Jovial Jessica is just weird sounding.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Jazzy, joyful, kind, kooky
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, that's really helpful :-)

And yes, a hen party / hen do is the British equivalent of a bachelorette party (and the British equivalent of a bachelor party is a stag do). I hadn't even considered that "hen do" might not mean anything to some people, sorry!!