What to do with 25 green peppers?!

Options
13»

Replies

• LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cut them up, stuff them into a mason jar and then fill the jar up with red wine vinegar and let them sit for a week or two. They make great sandwich toppers like that.
  • leighc124
    leighc124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That nacho one sounds great, I am going to try that!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    stuffed bell peppers are great
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I make Mexican stuffed bell peppers. Yum! Cook ground beef (or whatever meat) with onions and taco seasoning according to packet. Mix in jalapenos and a little rice, then stuff into the peppers. Top with Mexican blend cheese and drizzle the taco sauce all over and into the pan. Bake. It's amazing.

Can also chop them up and put them in salads, wraps, etc.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you could also cut them in half, stuff with sauteed onions, mushrooms and roast beef, lather with cheese and bake them....low carb philly cheese steak :love:

This sounds like a GREAT low carb recipe!! Thanks!

http://adventureideaz.com/2014/05/19/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-bell-peppers-perfect-low-carb-alternative/

They are amazing...I made it for my family on Sunday night. Super easy and really quick to make.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I made and froze a batch of stuffed peppers a few months ago, and they reheated well. I used red peppers and stuffed them with ground turkey and quinoa (38g of protein for a whole one!), but they would work just as well with green. You might also get some onions and freeze packets of peppers and onions so they're recipe ready in the coming months. Those could really help to make meal prep quicker!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    We even cut tops off, clean out and freeze whole so if you want them whole for say stuffed green peppers this Winter. My mom used to make a great salsa with them that she would freeze and was good for months. She also made green pepper jelly. AWESOME .. I know there was jalapeños in there also. Enjoy

Go to ww.chow hound.com and there are tons of ideas... One more idea.. Throw in the blender with a little water pulse to desired consistency, then drain put in ice cube trays till frozen. Pop out put in freezer bags and great for dishes all Winter long. My husband puts in scrambled eggs , all kinds of things, because they are already chopped.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i cut peppers up and put them in freezer containers or bags ..i usually use them for cooking so when they are on sale i stock up to avoid paying outrageous prices when they arent in season. i dont really like green peppers so dont buy them.. red ,yellow and orange for me !
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You're the person our math textbooks write about:

"Susie was given 25 green peppers. If she eats 3 and freezes 9, WTF does she do with the rest of them?"
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    They dehydrate well in a food dryer, salt then roast and pack in olive oil, roast and pickle them, I slice them into slabs and pile pizza toppings on them and bake, stuff and freeze. Chop with onion, celery and shallots and freeze for your own recipes, Offer them to friends- they aren't exactly cheap.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Actually, I would considering roasting and canning the peppers. You will need a pressure canner but the method is very easy. I'm going to be doing about 15 pounds of mild,jumbo jalapeños tomorrow. I may pickle some,too.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Stuffed bell peppers

OR

Freeze them. They keep very well.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    These ideas make me want to go out and get 25 green peppers.
  • nelle1230
    nelle1230 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Or, quarter them, top with nacho toppings (vegetables, meat, shredded cheese, whatever you like) and broil them - like nachos, but with peppers instead of tortilla chips. Sometimes I crumble up a few tortillas and sprinkle them with a bit of cheese, too.
    p.)

I never thought of using them in place of chips...THIS IS GENIUS!! THANKS!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WOW! thanks for the awesome ideas!! i had no idea they freeze!!!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Stuffed green peppers. Also... roast them with some onions, slice them up, and then freeze them... great for fajitas, pizza toppings, etc.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Roast some of them them, skin them and blend them and use as a sauce base or thickener?