Navy Body Fat Calculations.

Options
Hi,

I was looking into using the 34% less body fat rule to delayed enlist in the military and them using that time to train for boot camp. But I was wondering what the specifications for a woman 21 between 5'5- 5'7 are ? Like what does my was it neck and hip have to be to meet the guidelines.

So I guess my question is: How big can my was it be and my hips and neck?

Also I would love advice on training on boot camp (push-ups , and running challenges)

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    For women BF% = 163.205*log(waist+hip-neck)-97.684*log(height)-78.387
    measurements in inches
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    As ex-special forces and drill sargent.. my advice to you in your training for bootcamp

I would do: 100push-up challenge
    and C25K and walk... everyday do your ab workouts... crunches, scissor kicks and sit-ups...

However, Don't just worry about the big three (push-up, sit-ups, and run.) Go for a full body fitness program that includes flexablity and stretching (yoga).. . and lifting.....

When i say lifting weights do low weights with high reps. to build endurance and strength...

_____

Also as a drill sargent it is our job to help you get strong and build your endurance... and we take great pride in the soldiers we train... if you come in strong you will automatically make a good first impression and that goes a long way in making us like you more.. however, we will still push you until you break ..... like any good PT in a gym...

PS: When you go bring the best running shoes you can buy.... have them measured to your feet by a professional.. and wear them in before going...
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    As ex-special forces and drill sargent.. my advice to you in your training for bootcamp

I would do: 100push-up challenge
    and C25K and walk... everyday do your ab workouts... crunches, scissor kicks and sit-ups...

However, Don't just worry about the big three (push-up, sit-ups, and run.) Go for a full body fitness program that includes flexablity and stretching (yoga).. . and lifting.....

When i say lifting weights do low weights with high reps. to build endurance and strength...

_____

Also as a drill sargent it is our job to help you get strong and build your endurance... and we take great pride in the soldiers we train... if you come in strong you will automatically make a good first impression and that goes a long way in making us like you more.. however, we will still push you until you break ..... like any good PT in a gym...

PS: When you go bring the best running shoes you can buy.... have them measured to your feet by a professional.. and wear them in before going...
    also suggest making weight on the scale and not have to even get taped. there is alot of stress and the last thing you will want to worry about is the pt test and weight. i never failed one, not even close but there still was anxiety on test days. those who were close had added strain. drop the number on thf scale and smash the pt mins before you ship out