A new way to look at a bad day

Alison84
Alison84 Posts: 10
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
So I was sitting at work in the girls program (ages 11-13) mowing down on some mini ritz crackers and jelly beans when it occured to me I had probably already blasted by my calorie limit for the day.. Sure enough, I had (over by 200 and prob more than that today, I was being lenient in my quantities).

I'll admit I have a bit of an issue with binge snacking, aka when I start I have a hard time stopping myself... But I did.. realising that while I may have gone over for today, I CAN stop there, and tomorrow is a NEW day and ONE day of going over isn't going to destroy my efforts to get healthy.

I still feel pretty guilty about it especially cuz I was doing OK so far today before that. BUT tomorrow is a new day, and it will be a good one!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Well done
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    That is a great attitude. Just what I need to hear. Feeling really guilty about not doing my cardio today...so I'm going to steal your point of view. Thank you. :wink:
  • this is really inspiring.

it's always been black and white for me. if i end up cheating, or going over one day, even just a little bit, i have this horrible and uncontrollable compulsion to just throw in the towel for that day. apparently eating too many black olives or a little more cereal than i should have equals the end of the world for me.

congrats on being able to overcome today :)
  • That is a great realization. It took me sometime to figure that one out too. I would have a bad afternoon and I would scrap the whole week, "I'll restart monday" I would say. But you know that never works. Realizing that not only every day but every meal and every workout stands alone and each one can be a step in the right direction. Great job & keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.