10000 steps, how to log?

Options
Ok, I am not sure if I am logging it right, I use my pedometer as soon as I wake in the am, and take it off as I am climbing in the bed, so how do I log it because it takes me all day long to walk the steps? Please help !

Replies

• emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Well...10,000 steps is 5 miles. An average calorie burn for walking 5 miles at light pace (2 mph) would probably come in around 200-250 calories. I've been wearing a heart rate monitor for 6 months now (with a large variety of activities), so I feel this is a good estimate.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats a great achievement!!! :happy: Great work!!!! :flowerforyou:

If this is from what you do normally during in the course of a day... (and you have only worn your Pedometer to see) then I would change your settings to "lightly Active" or "active" ... and then not add it because its already taking into account that activity.

However if you went for a walk specifically then i would log that... but only that.... (after increasing your activity level from Sedentary to Lightly active)
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    I love my pedometer and like you I wear it constantly. When it finally wears out my husbands goes and gets me another one. I feel like Emersoam has got it right. :D