Need some motivation

Options
Hi my name is Sabrina, I hope you'll can help me. I need to lose 30lbs. It seems like I'm fired up for the first 2 weeks with my eating and excercise then the flame just go out. I need some help. Any suggestions?

Replies

• janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    goto motivation and support and join one of the many motivational groups...we just started a november weight loss group...just choose your goal and check in whenever you want. But there are alot of other ones too...fitness as well ...I find it keeps me going. I am in the 10lbs by Xmas group and also the 100 pushups challenge...If u are up to running, check out C25k.com Couch to 5k...it involves interval running, many people on here do it. I am going to run a 5k some day..right now I am just getting back to running on my treadmill....Whatever you do, I wish you success!
  • Leela12
    Leela12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep coming here for help. That's my plan. We will cheer you on !!
  • currychick1
    Options
    Hello Sabrina, It's hard, but I think it is good that you have connected with myfitnesspal. I have been going through a few health situations, but to GOD BE THE GLORY, all is well. So now, I'm back! I need some encouragement, you need encouragement, so let's encourage each other. I did find that in the past if I log in everything that I eat as well as my exercise regime, I am more aware of my eating and excercise activities. I was given the P90X system, so I will be starting that again on next week. I am now walking 2-3 miles a day. So with that said, "LET'S DO THIS!" It may hurt but the end result is a great body, and less to carry around with you! :happy:
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This site is a good place for positive reinforcement and motivation, which sometimes is hard to get from friends and family. It's much easier for most to just criticize and ridicule others for trying to be healthy, than to give encouragement and praise. Just try to stay positive and focused on your goal and ignore the negativity. YOU CAN DO IT!! My wife struggled with the same thing for a long time before finding MFP, even though i tried to help her stay positive. Since then she has lost 27 lbs and has been sticking firmly to her fitness and diet plan for almost a full year now! She feels great and continues to be more easily motivated now that she is enjoying the results of her hard work. Two things that are important is not depriving yourself of everything you like when it comes to food, just pay attention to the portion and don't overdo it. Try to start out using a "majority rule", meaning try to eat as healthy as you can the majority of the time and don't pig out the rest of the time. Then try to find an exercise program that you actually enjoy, not something you dread doing everyday. You'll be much more likely to stick to it if it's fun. Definitely don't look at the scales everyday!! You will begin to see some weight come off but then a little might come back due to adding muscle to replace fat. That can be discouraging in the beginning if your main goal is to lose pounds. Try to stay focused on the fact that you're becoming healthier overall and to get in shape, the weight loss will come with it. Once you stay with it for a month or so, you'll start to see small improvements and you can use this for continued motivation to work harder and achieve bigger victories!! And make a few friends on here that you can be accountable to, the people here are great, and were/are instrumental for my wife's continued success. Sorry, didn't mean to write a book! GOOD LUCK!!