Pancake Lunch Everday!?!?

Options
Hey guys,

Im pretty new to tracking macros etc. so i need a bit of info...

My carbs/fat/protien is set to 50/20/30 im tryin to lose a bit of fat but im basically an endurance athlete (run about 9k or swim everday).

Anyway today I ate a giant pancake with bob 10 grain pancake mix (whole grain). It fit into my macros it was so good. Usually i eat a big egg white omelette with veggies at lunch.

Assuming i kept my macros for the day the same, which i did, what would be benefit/harm if i made that swap everyday? Woukd it only be less micronutrients from the extra processed batter? And the change in the glycemic index? Is there any other nutritional downfalls to eating a delicious pancake everyday!?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You may get less micros and fibre if you're skipping the veggies that you'd normally have.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You may get less micros and fibre if you're skipping the veggies that you'd normally have.
    No harm and maybe a benefit. It is good to find a food that you like and that can fit into your plan.

Skip or lower the toppings of syrup, butter.. . . .
    Maybe two day a week have something else for lunch.
    It is not a big deal to eat that everyday because you are going to get tired of it eventually and at that time you can decide to make a change.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm not above eating oatmeal for lunch or dinner sometimes. I love it and regret nothing.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It probably won't have much impact on your body composition if your macro's stay the same. But there's a plethora of research on the long term health benefits of veggies. Unless you're already getting 6-7 daily servings of fruits and veggies from other sources then you really don't want to cut those out.