Cant do this anymore

Options
I just can't stop eating. I know it's not healthy. I've gained tons of weight. I feel sick. I even eat when I don't feel hungry and even when I;m extremely bloated and super full like REALLY FULL. I just love tasting the food so that's why I eat even if I'm sick to my stomach. This has been going on for atleast 6-8 weeks now. I know it's not good for me. I want it to stop, but I can't. It's controlling.Fortunately I'm not bulimic or anything but I feel like a fat*** when I eat like a pig ( like everyday) Btw- I'm a college student so it's super hard to say no! I just wanna be thin that;s all.

Replies

• Dammitviv
    Options
    Perhaps you should talk to your doctor, or nurse if your campus provides one. If you are still feeling the need to eat even when you know you're full, maybe there is something else going on with your body that you need to address medically.
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment above. You could have a vitamin/mineral deficiency. There was a period of time where I could not stop eating salty food and it turned out I had low iodine so you never know. Go see your doctor! Also, try to write down your binges and how you are feeling when you binge; take it to your doctor. Good luck!
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    you are under more stress than you think, please talk to a health professional, of if so inclinded, a counselor
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You CAN stop eating; you are CHOOSING not to. You have to examine why your are making those choices. You say you like the taste of the food. Have your tried substituting flavored water or teas instead? If those aren't filling, then perhaps it's not the taste after all; maybe you're eating to relieve stress or boredom. Consider lower calorie options to munch on when you're having cravings - carrots and celery, grape tomatoes, an apple. You really need to evaluate what's really going on here. As someone already said, consult a mental health professional for guidance if need be. Good luck to you.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    +1 on the vitamin/mineral deficiency! When I don't take my vitamins in the morning I often "want" to eat even when I am full. It is the body telling you it needs something but the brain just hears "EAT"!!!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think thats how a lot of us got here! I love food, and unfortunatly, Im not naturally thin. If you really really want to be thin, you have to work hard for it. Its not easy, but you can do it. 6-8 wks is nothing, Ive been eating like crap for a yr, and gained 30 lbs!!! Try spending less time worrying about calories and more working out...that might help ; )
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    I am a emotional eater. Especially under school stress, boredom, and maybe even staying up late. But it's so hard to say no. I don't think I have a vitamin or mineral definciency, I had a checkup last month. I promise to be healthy tommorow :)