What do you do about clothes?

2»

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Stacy London from What Not to Wear says, "Dress the body you have not the one you want to have"
    I think that you should treat yourself and buy new clothes as you lose weight. I feel that it is a reward for losing those pounds. You are accomplishing your goals one step at a time and you should feel good as you move forward. I say Go Shopping Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really agree with this! No telling how long you will be in the 14/16 range before you hit a size 12. Spend as little as you can, but don't be afraid to buy some great things to show off your new shape. I am in about an 18 now. I have a full wardrobe in a 20 and a 16 as well. Not that I want to keep the 20s, but until I am sure they are looonnggg gone they are staying.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    I would LOVE to buy a new wardrobe in every size, but alas, that is impossible with our budget. I think I'll try to hit up some consignment shops, etc. I just have a really tough time with clothes lately. Also, all my clothes should fall into some kind of category. There's (1) musician's wife, so basically all black and slutty, (2) mommy clothes, which don't matter if I get puke or banana or anything else stuck to them, and (3) cute clothes, which make me feel all pretty.
    It just seems like all my clothes now fit into these categories: (1) maternity clothes, which some are actually in style now, isn't that weird?, (2) sweats ugh, (3) cute clothes that I spent too much money on and now don't fit because they're too big, and (4) way too freaking small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. I'll tell you what though, AJCM, hit me up next time you're getting rid of clothes like that and I will DEFINITELY pay shipping, even if it's $150. :smile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    MKeithly... A women's shelter is a great idea - and Salvation Army does do good work. I am happy as long as things get re-used. :flowerforyou:

There is also "Free Cycle" online, where you can go and exchange with people in your area.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    im an opshop freak i love the places but sadly im not quite in the right size range just yet to have a great selection but i have on accasion found a good bargin that fitted and looked good.

im about to go tomorrow and buy new clothes (i came into some money for it) but will be getting things on special i just have to get through winter then will be buying lots in aussie when we go.

i found a top the other week perfect my friend said it was on the discount rack so i tried it on and wow i lived it cool, the color not so much it looked good but mmm would do. well i found another one different color and thougth yes and then saw price and went oh no so checked it on the machine they have and wow nop not on special so back it went lol
    id say i only need say 4 tops i have jeans so just top half needs some stuff that doesnt look like im wearing my big brothers shirt.

good luck on the hunting
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    MKeithly... A women's shelter is a great idea - and Salvation Army does do good work. I am happy as long as things get re-used. :flowerforyou:

There is also "Free Cycle" online, where you can go and exchange with people in your area.
    :flowerforyou:
    I've never heard of Free Cycle, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the info.:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.