Carbs

When is the best time of the day to eat Carbs?

I find if i dont have carbs for breakfast im more likely to over do my carbs throughout the day... :/

Replies

• Any time of day. Except every 3rd full moon
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You should only eat them at 11;09 am on the days of a waxing moon..alternatively you could do what I do and just eat them because meal or food timing has no effect on weightloss
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    barring the sarcasm...you can eat carbs whenever you want. There is no set time of the day that it is better or worse when it comes to weight loss.

Even if you are over your carbs but under your calories you are fine...you will lose weight.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Figure out how many carbs you plan on eating for the day.
    And then eat that many, at any time u wish.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Will you go over carbs if you do not eat any for breakfast? Good question. If I had to choose which MACRO to be under at the end of the day I'd choose carbs. But I do not avoid any MACRO at any point in the day. So, each person will be different, and for you, try it and see what works.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    for me i try to get the heaviest amount of carbs earlier in the day but try to eat 5-6 meals a day and balance it out .. right now i cut out all foods that have flour in them ..trying to get rid of my addiction to breads ect.. weighing everything out now too. following a diet my trainer gave me ..its amazing how im not craving the pastas and breads with this diet. i mostly get my carbs from cereals , fruits and grains
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I try to mix protein, fat and carbs in every meal and snack. It helps me stay fuller longer by having a mix.
  • Eat carbs any time throughout the day(apples and bananas are a great source of carbs) if you're going to go heavy on carbs eat them right before a workout
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Unless you are using carbs to fuel a particular exercise regime, it does not matter when you eat them.

Just log them and enjoy them.
  • Really? - Sorry im new to this.. But if you go over your allowed amount of carbs for the day and still have calories left over you will still loose weight? Because i am at 1600 calories a day and i find it very difficult for me to be able to eat all of it because im already done with my carbs for the day :S
  • barring the sarcasm...you can eat carbs whenever you want. There is no set time of the day that it is better or worse when it comes to weight loss.

Even if you are over your carbs but under your calories you are fine...you will lose weight.

Really? - Sorry im new to this.. But if you go over your allowed amount of carbs for the day and still have calories left over you will still loose weight? Because i am at 1600 calories a day and i find it very difficult for me to be able to eat all of it because im already done with my carbs for the day :S
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    barring the sarcasm...you can eat carbs whenever you want. There is no set time of the day that it is better or worse when it comes to weight loss.

Really? - Sorry im new to this.. But if you go over your allowed amount of carbs for the day and still have calories left over you will still loose weight? Because i am at 1600 calories a day and i find it very difficult for me to be able to eat all of it because im already done with my carbs for the day :S

Really.

For the vast majority of people and dietary goals, nutrient timing is a matter of preference. If you find that eating carbs in the: (morning, evening, afternnon, whenever) helps you curb cravings and meet your goals, then do that.