Eating properly in the UK ...

Options
LucyBzz
LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
Hi
I'm Lucy, I live in the UK & I'm trying (again!) to change my eating habits for the better ... If I can lose some of my excess weight whilst I am at it, great!

My biggest challenges:
Food allergies/intolerances - I have several restrictions that I need to work round which can be problematic at times
Food on the go ... I often find that my plans change unexpectedly and end up needing to grab a sandwich or something - finding "good" options is very hard, especially when one of my allergies is tomato which seems to be in everything these days!
Irregular eating - I never seem to feel hungry and therefore often go a whole day without eating & don't even notice, yet on other days I find myself eating something every hour ...

I'm currently trying to give myself a "shock start" and am aiming for 1250 calories to really make me aware of what I'm eating (& also allow a bit of a buffer if I miscalculate something!). I hoped that I could lose a bit of weight quickly whilst learning about portion control and start to work out where my biggest challenges are before coming up with something that's long-term sustainable

I'd love a buddy or two to help me along the way if anyone is out there, and also ideas of "food on the go" from anyone else in the UK!
Lucy