Lost all Motivation

Options
So i am seriously in need of some motivation and someone to hold me accountable.

Two weeks ago i got sick and although i have maintained a loss of about 10lbs i have gained back about 4lbs and i cannot seem to get motivated again. Its so hard to keep up with cooking and going to the grocery store all the time. I have a hard time finding time in my schedule to work out. I got in my workout yesterday and today but i still have no motivation. I need an accountablitiy partner. We can be on seperate levels but i need someone to hold me to this eating right thing.

Melissa

Replies

• 85specialk
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

I looked at your profile and it doesn't appear that you're logging what you eat! Without doing that it's way too easy to "ignore" or "forget" a bad thing you ate. Have it there, black on white, so you can feel guilty when you go over your calorie budget or when you haven't done the exercise you planned on doing!

Losing weight will be difficult, and although we're not on the same level I get really demotivated sometimes. But then I remember why I am doing this, and that I'm so sick of trying to avoid looking at myself in the mirror or my reflection in windows i pass. Also, remember how good it feels at the end of the day when you know you've done a good job, and remember the good feeling you're left with after a hard workout!

You can do it, you just gotta make yourself accountable by not ignoring the calories you go over. Even if you do go over, put it in the diary, and will help you get to where you're going!!

Kristin
    (Feel free to add me if you like)
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Have you read your quote lately?[one step at a time].....I would say yes to your question but don't think you would like me after a while! But would be willing to give it a go if your willing!!!
    1st, are you over your sickness? Any events holding you back? Medical issues? If all these questions are NO contact me...will get started!
    Two things to remember are you worth it? How bad do you want it? Starts in the brain...90% mental 10% actually doing it!

"Can lead the horse to water but can't make it drink!" Need to hold self accountable...fooling yourself if not willing to do whats necessary to achieving your desired goal[dream]...You can do it,! BUT Only you can do it!!! Message me if interested..... MOST PEOPLE will tell you who know me that I'm a POSITIVE PERSON!! [which is ...MOST OF THE BATTLE]
  • cozzy530
    Options
    Melissa, you need to take it one day at a time and don't look too far ahead. Everyday force youself to do your work out, I got mine in last night at 9:45pm after getting the kids to bed. I finished at 10:45 cooled down for a half hour showered and went to bed. For the first 20 minutes of the workout I had to keep telling myself "just a little bit longer". I wanted to stop and my leg was hurting but I had eaten too much junk (halloween candy) so I just kept going and before I knew it I was done. Make up a calender and mark off everyday that you workout and for how long. We all have bad eating days so aim for six good ones and one cheat day. (do that on your hardest workout day). I did P90X for 75 days and the Doc told me I had to stop due to bulging disks in my back. Once that was taken care of I had gained 10 lbs. I started back from day one and have lost the 10 I gained. Get on the scale everyday. If you don't like the number it gives you, make a change in what you eat. My leg is very sore this morning (pulled muscle) but after a couple of asprin I'll be ready to go. None of us got out of shape and overweight in a day, week or month. I gained 30lbs over the last 15 years and in 12 weeks I got rid of 20 of that by pushing myself and not liking what I saw in the mirror. Why am I boring you with all this, Well if a 49 year old father of three young kids can get back into shape so can you.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Dig deep and do this!!! You have the desire obviously....so remember your goals and put your all into it and you will achieve them!
    Keep going....you can do this!