Hate rude people

Options
joann
joann Posts: 624 Member
Ok. so I have been feeling so good about myself and my dedication to trying to eat healthy. I have lost 28 lbs in a little over 3 months..So yesterday at work an old man I mean old 92 is checking out in my line and he looks at me and says I wouldnt want you your to fat...I know Im fat I dont need someone to tell me...I so wanted to say and yeah your &*&^%(&(&(*&B+ old...Just had to rant...It made me pissed off the rest of the day arggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Replies

• LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    WTF? Like, out of nowhere he says that you're too fat and he wouldn't want you?! That's just weird.
    Sorry he said that to you. I prolly would have told him off.
    I am not above yelling at an old man. Lolz.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds like ramblings from a senile old man, i really would have just laughed this off and asked him where his caretaker went.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    dont worry.. he will likely die soon.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Old people have dementia.

ETA: Sometimes. Sometimes old people have dementia. They might say things that are off the wall and cannot be taken serious when they are not lucid.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You lost 28 lbs! That's a wonderful achievement. Focus on that.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    He' s probably miserable and wants others to feel the same way. Don't let that get to you...
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ack that was rude! I might have told him that it's for the best because no one wants an old ugly rude man either... but really try not to take stuff like that personally- obviously it was his problem, and his comment was a reflection of the muck in his sad, sad, soul. Mean people are only mean because they are hurting or very very damaged inside...
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Older people sometimes don't have a filter. My husband's grandmother (bless her heart) told me I was "still fat" after I'd lost most of the baby weight with my first daughter. She loves me but just said what she felt I guess.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I kind of like that old people can randomly insult people and fart loudly in public. When I do those things, it doesn't fly. :noway:

More to the point: CONGRATS on your success!!

In closing: Fallout Boy says it best "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me..." he noticed you... just saying...
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't like people. (sarcasm, btw) My dog makes me feel appreciated everyday. Sometimes he's so happy to see me and loves me so much, he pees a little. I say, get yourself a doggie.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Older people sometimes don't have a filter. My husband's grandmother (bless her heart) told me I was "still fat" after I'd lost most of the baby weight with my first daughter. She loves me but just said what she felt I guess.

LOL!! OMGosh! My hubby's grandmother (RIP) told me I was getting fat. I was 6 month pregnant. :grumble:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    You should give the elderly and children a pass. Non compost mentos. (please no one correct my very deliberate spelling)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Hahahahahaha i think its more of an older generation thing, back in their day saying that stuff wasnt exactly frowned upon they were straight up honest.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Old people be trippin'.
    Saw an old man at the library asking the clerk to look up a book in the system, after not even 2 seconds the old man yelled "Hurry up before I go into rigor mortis"
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Some *kitten*-hats everywhere.

I'm normally mindful of my own business, but have a sharp tongue. "I've lost 28 lbs. in the last 3 months. Too bad it doesn't seem you'll make it to see me lose the next 28".

Yes, I can be a jerk. And yes, sometimes I feel bad about it afterwards.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be fat than that old and possibly demented. That's written out of a sense of sympathy, rather than derision. It sucks getting old.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I had an elderly family member (mid 90s) who had dementia and other ailments. He often spoke without a filter, and he did once tell me to "not get as fat as that lady" while we were in a waiting room. Right in front of the woman, who was quite heavy.
    In his youth, he would never speak that way. But as his mind started to go, so did his filter, and he often said things without realizing the consequences (and would forget he had said it soon after).

As rude as it is, try not to take it to heart! It's possible that was the case, and it in no way reflects you, or your progress so far!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    even though he was old and probably has dementia, it still hurts. BUT you look great and he didn't see your 28 lbs weight loss. So, tell him to go find his caretaker while you get healthier and lose even more weight. :bigsmile:
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    dont worry.. he will likely die soon.
    First thing I thought!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am betting he had lost his filter and really doesn't even realize what he said was mean. My mom died last year at 84 and she used to say all sorts of things that she never would have said when she was younger. I had the choice of feeling insulted or laughing. I chose to laugh.