Fav Low Cal Protein Powder?

Options
Hi All!

I keep building muscle and losing it. I only take in about 30g of protein a day and MFP suggests 67. I was in the "losing weight" mode and ate like 4 cups of veggies and 1oz of meat for meals. Now I'm ready to up my protein and decided to get QuestBar's.

But then I was told by a co-worker that they have powder supplements that are low cal? I don't want anything fancy, just mix with water and go for right before or after the Gym. No added sugars blah blah.

Any favorites out there?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    most protein powders are about as low cal as possible unless they are loaded with sugar, you have to remember that protein has calories in it

i take lean-fit chocolate which is about 120 cals for 25 g of protein
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I understand that it will have calories, just looking for no additives and something that mixes well with water :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet dual action protein powder in french vanilla. It's sweetened with Stevia and has about 125 calories for 27g protein. I get it on Amazon.com
  • kimberleerogers
    kimberleerogers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Vega ...its plant based, vegan, dairy and gluten free...

Comes in all sorts of fun flavours...and it's great just mixed with water!

I currently have berry, chocolate and vanilla! LOL
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How can a Protein powder be low calorie? 1 gram of protein has 4 calories that's it.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    100% gold standard cookies and cream whey

130 cals, 1.5g fat, 4g carbs, 24g protein.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Try Fitsmart fiber 35 (140 cal per serving) and Progressive Vegessentials - all in one (180 cal per serving)
    these are protein with veggies, extra nutrients and fiber, low carb, low sugar.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Try Fitsmart fiber 35 (140 cal per serving) and Progressive Vegessentials - all in one (180 cal per serving)
    these are protein with veggies, extra nutrients and fiber, low carb, low sugar.
    Fitsmart has 20g protein per serving and Vegessential had 27g per serving.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You keep building muscle and losing it?

jiyeon-thats-interesting-do-tell-me-more.gif
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yup, I can't increase what I lift (I dont lift heavy just in general), I think because I am lacking protein I build muscle and then it dissapears, something about not feeding the muscle?

Just to clairify- when I saw "Low Calorie Protein" I dont mean diet, i just mean no added sugars, etc.