Detox/cleansing??

Options
I guess I just would like to know if you do either of these (are they the same?) and how you do it? How does it affect your health? Can you feel an immediate difference? What do you recommend for someone interested, but obviously clueless? haha

Also, what do you think of juicing?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Pee?
    Poop?
    done.

Juicing?
    Prefer to eat the fruits and veggies or blend them into a smoothie.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I guess I just would like to know if you do either of these (are they the same?)

They are the same in that they are both trendy fad bullsh*t.
    and how you do it?

You drink lots of fluids so that you pee a lot. Now you are "cleansed"

How does it affect your health?

Depletes your body of sodium, lowers your retained water giving you a temporary and unsustainable "weight loss". If coupled with eating basically nothing then it puts you into a dangerous caloric deficit that can negatively effect your energy level and muscle retention.
    Can you feel an immediate difference?

If feeling light headed is an immediate difference then yes. As you depleat your sodium via lots of fluid intake your blood pressure will tank causing you dizzy spells and muscle cramping.

What do you recommend for someone interested, but obviously clueless? haha

I recommend you don't do it

I wouldn't recommend steroid use.

In all seriousness "juicing" is the same idea as detox/cleanse. You drink lots of fluids, you deplete your sodium, you ditch water weight and you get a false sense of accomplishment. Fruit is basically sugar and fiber. You juice it then its just sugar water and a few vitamins. So basically when you "juice" you are just drinking lots of sugar water and eating nothing. If you want to experience this feeling you could try eating nothing but pixie sticks for a day and see how you feel then.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat right, pee, poop - BAM! The kidneys and liver are amazing organs.

As for juice? I like it....I prefer whole fruits, especially in summer when there's so much good stuff coming in. Smoothies with fresh fruit are nice once in awhile - but usually the only thing I juice is a lime for my guacamole, fish tacos, beer, or a margarita! :drinker:
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hahah wow thanks everyone =) I just got curious because I have been seeing it EVERYWHERE lately =)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink a lot of coffee in the morning. you'll be detoxing by lunch
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If I need some added cleansing I usually have a monster mean bean energy drink.

Makes me duece within 20 minutes every time! 1/2 of one is becoming a pre-weigh in beverage before I hit the scale!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I guess I just would like to know if you do either of these (are they the same?) and how you do it? How does it affect your health? Can you feel an immediate difference? What do you recommend for someone interested, but obviously clueless? haha

NOPE
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and vegetables. Poop

Drink water. Pee

Cleanse accomplished
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My idea of a detox diet is to eat lots of fruit, lots of veggies, some protein and tons of water. I do feel better doing this but consider it more of a long term diet of not eating processed junk.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and vegetables. Poop

Drink water. Pee

Cleanse accomplished

I wasn't sure how to word it :heart:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    No, no, and no. Eat food and let your body do what it's meant to do.
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink about 5-6, 20 oz bottles of water everyday and a small glass of 100% prune juice at night. Keeps me pretty cleaned out! :)