National Weight Loss Registry

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
One of my goals when I lost weight was to join the National Weight Loss registry. To do that, you need to have lost 20 pounds and keep it off for a year. I was eligible last January and joined, filled out their paper form a month ago, and just filled out their yearly on-line survey. I hope to keep this up forever and have the same thing to report that I did today - completely stable weight for over a year!

Replies

• missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations on keeping it off and reaching your goal! :)
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just came across their website (NWLR) last night and came to search the message boards. Your message is the only one posted. So I wanted to add my congratulations!

It is now 30lbs kept off for a year, so I will apply in September 2015. My total goal is 45-50 lbs and I'm within 10 lbs of reaching it.
  • happening5
    happening5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was such a thing. WHat is the purpose of it?
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    had a google and this is what the website says...
    The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR), established in 1994 by
    Rena Wing, Ph.D. from Brown Medical School, and James O. Hill, Ph.D. from the University of Colorado, is the largest prospective investigation of long-term successful weight loss maintenance. Given the prevailing belief that few individuals succeed at long-term weight loss, the NWCR was developed to identify and investigate the characteristics of individuals who have succeeded at long-term weight loss. The NWCR is tracking over 10,000 individuals who have lost significant amounts of weight and kept it off for long periods of time. Detailed questionnaires and annual follow-up surveys are used to examine the behavioral and psychological characteristics of weight maintainers, as well as the strategies they use to maintaining their weight losses.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    happening5 wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was such a thing. WHat is the purpose of it?

Prospective research site. Since the cohort is self selecting - the results may have significant bias.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    What a great milestone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!