Shakeology????

Options
Ok now that I've ordered INSANITY, and its on its way, who wants to tell me about shakeology? Why should I get it? How will it affect my work out? Does it taste good? Is it a meal replacement???

Replies

• savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi there..I did a quick search and this is what I found on MFP about Shakeology..I myself have not tried it but looks like the jusry is hung on whether it's a good deal or bad deal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/129543-shakeology?hl=shakeology#posts-1758073
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ok now that I've ordered INSANITY, and its on its way, who wants to tell me about shakeology? Why should I get it? How will it affect my work out? Does it taste good? Is it a meal replacement???

I'd like to hear about what folks think about it too BUT I prefer to hear it from non-coachs, regular ppl off the streets that aren't trying to sell it:tongue::laugh: first. I'd like to hear a regular 'Joe's' point of view on if they used it and it made a big difference and of course from those that hated it and why they didn't feel it worked for them or if it's tastes like crap.

Hearing both sides (good and bad of the product) would be great but I already know what the coachs will say....would love some unbiased feedback:drinker:

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Hi there..I did a quick search and this is what I found on MFP about Shakeology..I myself have not tried it but looks like the jusry is hung on whether it's a good deal or bad deal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/129543-shakeology?hl=shakeology#posts-1758073
    :flowerforyou:
  • DeborahR
    Options
    I use it as my afternoon snack most days. I put it in the blender with peanut butter powder, water and lots of ice. i tried it in the shaker with just water - did NOT work well. It is excellent nutritionally and I feel that it gives the an afternoon pick-me-up for my workout 2 hours later and helps with the sweet craving . Im on my second bag and will order more.

On the flip side, my DH does not like the taste even the way I fix it so it's just personal preference.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Awesome with starting Insanity! That one still scares me, I'm a Turbo Fire girl. Anyway, I just started Shakeology but I was drinking a protein shake daily before that. I've found in general protein shakes helped me snack less in the evening (I'd drink them after my 5-6pm workout during hte week, in the mornings on the weekends) and I was much better at hitting my protein number every day. I got a sample from my Beachbody coach and I thought it was really tasty. I have a mini 16oz blender, so I mixed it up with ice, vanilla light soy milk, and some peanut butter. I think it's delicious. You can use it as a meal replacement, that combination gives you about 250-300 calories depending on what you add to the soy milk and protein powder. I personally have a shake with a really light dinner (Boca burger, some quinoa, fish, etc.) so it totals 500 calories or so for the meal. Protein shakes in general are good for repairing muscles after a workout.

Edit: I am a coach, but I'm a new coach (1 week so far) and I decided to do Shakeology before I became a coach. I'm not trying to sell it, this is just my take on it. I'd say you'd get benefits from any protein shake (I was drinking Designer Whey prior to Shakeology), but I just really like the taste of Shakeology over the ones I tried so I ordered it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    So you all are using it as a snack?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Not really. I have it for dinner sometimes alone, and usually when it's breakfast or lunch I have it alone, but this is blended with soy milk and something like pumpkin or peanut butter. When it's dinner, I usually have something else with it. Then I'm rarely hungry for more food in the evening. I'll have a light snack most nights but it's more to get my calories near 1200 so I'm not too low.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I drink it every morning. It has helped me in so many ways. It's definately something worth checking out.

Shakeology can help you:

1.Lose Weight
    2.Feel Energized
    3.Improve Digestion and Regularity
    4.Lower Cholesterol1
    Tastes delicious, too!

What It Does
    In an independent 90-day study, 1 participants replaced one meal a day with Shakeology ® and exercised regularly.

Here's what they told us:*
    "I felt full and didn't struggle with hunger."
    "I felt a better sustained energy throughout the day."
    "I have tons of energy. I feel so healthy!"
    "I replaced all my vitamin supplements. I felt healthy and energized."
    "I was able to think more clearly and stay focused."
    "I have more energy, less cravings, more endurance, and feel more youthful."
    "Shakeology reduced my appetite and increased my energy so that I could accomplish more things throughout the day."
    "I have tried a lot of protein shakes and meal-replacement-type drinks, and Shakeology is the best tasting of them all. I mix it with a bit of soy milk and ice, and it tastes like an ice cream shake!"
    Here's what the doctor who ran the study observed about the participants:*

They reduced oxidative stress, a risk factor for degenerative diseases, by as much as 90%.
    They lowered their total cholesterol levels by an average of 30% and their "bad" cholesterol levels by an average of 38%.
    They reduced their cardiovascular risk factors by an average of 24%.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I'd like to hear about what folks think about it too BUT I prefer to hear it from non-coachs, regular ppl off the streets that aren't trying to sell it:tongue::laugh: first. I'd like to hear a regular 'Joe's' point of view on if they used it and it made a big difference and of course from those that hated it and why they didn't feel it worked for them or if it's tastes like crap.

Hearing both sides (good and bad of the product) would be great but I already know what the coachs will say....would love some unbiased feedback:drinker:

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

I am a coach, and I'll tell you. I didn't like the tecture of it at first. But once you start experimenting and creating your own recipes, it's amazing.