Is this a good rate for weight loss?

Options
I started trying to loose eight at the beginning of March. I do insanity workouts and eat 1200-1400 calories a day. I am 5"5; my starting weight was 151. and as of today I weigh 141. Is this normal? It seems to me that I would have lost more than 10 pounds by now. I did take a week off of exercise around Easter due to sickness, but for the amount I'm eating and exercise I don't think that would have made such a big difference. Yes, I do weigh my foods and log everything. I'm just wondering if the rate at which I'm loosing weight is normal. My goal weight is around 125 lbs, which I would like to be at by December... do you think this is achievable? Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    10 lbs for 3 months is a solid, sustainable pace. keep it up

eta; and yes you could definitely reach 125 by december as long as you keep to your deficit
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you get your nutrition dialed in, you should be able to hit your goal by December. Perhaps you need to eat more than 1200 cal/day. Insanity is a really tough program, and if you are eating too little, weight loss will be slowed down. Finding the ideal calorie level can be tricky. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan