I committed a dietary sin

Options
You guys would never believe what I just did. I took a healthy, nutritious grain like quinoa and turned it into a baked Mac and cheese. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!
I feel guilty and devilishly happy at the same time.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Protein, calcium, fiber. Not a huge sin.

Did it put you over on calories for the day? If so, can you still stay on track for the week? Did you eat some veggies with the meal?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You guys would never believe what I just did. I took a healthy, nutritious grain like quinoa and turned it into a baked Mac and cheese. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!

Even without the quinoa, how is Mac and Cheese a sin?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just have regular mac and cheese. Not sure how that is a "sin" though.

Then again, I eat cake and pizza so *shrug*
  • treveneann
    treveneann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The cheese. The yummy cheese
  • treveneann
    Options

Did it put you over on calories for the day? If so, can you still stay on track for the week? Did you eat some veggies with the meal?

No I ate a sensible amount, but still
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    If that's a dietary sin, I must be dietary super satan...
  • treveneann
    Options

Even without the quinoa, how is Mac and Cheese a sin?
    [/quote

Is all that cheese good?
  • treveneann
    Options

I stayed within my caloric tract. So I ate nothing else just water
  • msmonsi
    msmonsi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's a sin I could live with :D
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Do not get into the mindset that certain foods are "good" or "bad" it can discourage your weight loss if you try to think of food like that. It's just calories in vs calories out.
  • endermako
    Options

What everyone is trying to say is that so long as you stay within your calories no food is really "good" or "bad". It's your diet as a whole that matters. So feel free to have some cheese when you feel like it. Pretty sure I do every single day.

Come to think of it I have cheese at every meal...

Jinx!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a sin. Delicious and wonderful but you won't be going to diet hell. In fact, forget the diet notions you've heard all your life. All that matters is staying within your calorie limit and eating a healthy balance - that means including the occassional so-called bad food.

Now I want mac and cheese...
  • enitsirhck
    enitsirhck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sins are currency - with each one you're buying yourself admittance to a "hell". We commit sins based on a complex mental arithmetic comparing current benefit (in the case of mac & cheese or dietary "sins", how good it will taste) versus future losses, aka the nebulous concept of a "hell".

The fallacy here is that there is no future "hell" when it comes to what you eat every day - for people who are trying to eat better, improved their health or fitness for whatever reason they choose - hell is *now*, you're *already in hell* and you're trying to buy your way back out with the currency of "good deeds", or in this case, healthy choices.

So next time you are doing the math and trying to decide if you want to commit a "dietary sin" - ask yourself, are you trying to escape hell or put a down payment on a ticket there?
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Should have added bacon.

Bacon_quinoa_mac_and_cheese-sk.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    so quinoa made this healthy?

im not sure i understand.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Should have added bacon.

^^This
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

"within my caloric tract" =/= dietary sin. That = dietary win! You splurged on something delicious and stayed on track.

Every meal doesn't have to be perfect for your diet to be balanced and healthy. Look at the big picture.
  • endermako
    Options
    Should have added bacon.

OMG I LOVE YOU
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's just cheese. It's not like you just sucked out the filling of 1,000 twinkies for breakfast.