Almased Results

Options
Have you guys heard about the all-natural weight loss aid Almased?

Supposedly it claims to help you lose up to 15 pds in 6 weeks, although most of the stories I've stumbled across have people losing almost 70 percent of 15 pounds in less than 4 days?

So I guess the point of this topic is, have you tried Almased? Does it work? and, what happens when you go back to normal eating? <<< This is the main part as I am getting married in a few weeks and ofcourse want to look my best but I am also seriously wondering if the weight will stay off- since I'm on a weight loss journey, I'd rather keep the fat if it's just gonna come back and get rid of it the hard and slow(er) way?

COMMENTS PLEASE!

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Have you guys heard about the all-natural weight loss aid Almased?

Supposedly it claims to help you lose up to 15 pds in 6 weeks, although most of the stories I've stumbled across have people losing almost 70 percent of 15 pounds in less than 4 days?

So I guess the point of this topic is, have you tried Almased? Does it work? and, what happens when you go back to normal eating? <<< This is the main part as I am getting married in a few weeks and ofcourse want to look my best but I am also seriously wondering if the weight will stay off- since I'm on a weight loss journey, I'd rather keep the fat if it's just gonna come back and get rid of it the hard and slow(er) way?

COMMENTS PLEASE!
    double the doses and lose 30 in those 6 weeks.

Any short term weight loss from this garbage is water weight and wont make you look any better. The scale may show a lower number but actually looking better...aint gonna happen.
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Sounds like you want to waste some $$$.
  • ShantesNaturalVanity
    ShantesNaturalVanity Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!

I am actually looking for those who have tried it. I talked with a family member the other day and she has kept the 9 pounds off. The website says it's made of fermented soy, yogurt and honey and it's supposed to destroy fat much like consuming alot of protein in it. It says that it's stood the test of time for atleast 6 months in german and us studies but I want real experience here- not just what the website says.

If anyone is interested and wants to see what I'm reading, here's the website http://www.almased.com/t/faq
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No supplement can destroy fat. Creating a calorie deficit is the only way to burn fat, period. There is simply no science behind what this website is claiming.
  • sarahchick1
    Options
    I've used it before... it's very popular here in Germany. I mixed 8 tbsps with nonfat milk.

It isn't a miracle cure, but it isn't useless either. I found that it helped me reduce my snacking cravings and my tendency to choose something sweet in the afternoons (such as chocolate.)

I didn't follow the plan as exactly as they suggest - I had my regular breakfast (oatmeal and yogurt) then had Almased for lunch and dinner. Once I started working out I only had it for lunch.

When I crunched the numbers in MFP it was actually good for keeping my protein up.

It isn't a cure but I found it helped me break some bad snacking habits. I didn't lose a lot of weight because I wasn't especially overweight and, as mentioned, I didn't follow it exactly as suggested - however it did manage to help me get a bit fitter and trimmer.