I just can't imagine....

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
I am down 8 pounds, and I have fought for every single one of them. I just cannot imagine being down 20 or 35. I know from Bank's posts that I am entering a hard phase, week 3. I have never made it past week 4, never. The thought that I may at some point be down 50 is so unbelievable to me, I dare not even think about it..... sigh:ohwell:

Replies

• beep
    Options
    I am down 8 pounds, and I have fought for every single one of them. I just cannot imagine being down 20 or 35. I know from Bank's posts that I am entering a hard phase, week 3. I have never made it past week 4, never. The thought that I may at some point be down 50 is so unbelievable to me, I dare not even think about it..... sigh:ohwell:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    keep up the hard work! Just take one day at a time and don't get upset at "bad" decisions and remember to breathe and enjoy what you have and what you've already done!!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I guess first couple of weeks are the hardest because you have to get used to new eating habits and exercise routine. I'm sure it won't be so hard :flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    If you can do 3 weeks you can do 4, if you can do 4 weeks you can do 5!!! Remember you are NOT dieting, youare making a permanent lifestyle change. Don't make me come down to Texas:wink::laugh: :happy:
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Man oh man can I relate.( double sigh). I have been at it since 4/1 my weigh in today i stayed the same. I either go up or down the same 2.5 lbs I'm doing something wrong and can't figure it out YET! It is soooo fustrating especially reading other posts where it seem like everyone looses 2 lbs a week. I'd kill for a 8 lbs a month Heck I'd be happy with 6. I tried uping the calories lowering my calories. I do cardio 3 x week strenght training 3 X week. Increasing time & weight weekly. yes I eat my exercise calories. I am right there with you.

Sophie
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I know from Bank's posts that I am entering a hard phase, week 3.

Can someone direct me to these posts? I'd like to see what I'm in for!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations?page=1

here ya go hon...its interesting!

hugs!
    Ali
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

hugs!
    Ali

Good job Ali. I couldn't figure how to to that. Banks has many great post you should read. Stay positive.:flowerforyou: It is a new way of life but with many great rewards.:wink:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Keep fighting! You don't want to be fighting this same battle in 2009, 2010, etc. THIS IS THE YEAR!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

If you start to imagine yourself down 20 or 35, you'll start believing that it will happen. And it will, just give it time. :wink:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Getting started is only the second hardest phase. The part you are hitting happens to everyone at some point. I don't keep a 'journal" other than what I log here, but I have a special notebook that lists all the reasons I am doing this, along with pics of me at my heaviest and at my lightest along with pics of my husband and the kids. Whenever I am having a down day and get frustrated, I look at that and remind myself why I am doing this. Ultimately for me, but my family is a great motivator. I will say that this site is awesome for the very reason that whether you need a kick, a jump start, a laugh or a cry you can find it and always someone who knows exactly what you are going through.
  • beep
    Options

hugs!
    Ali

Good job Ali. I couldn't figure how to to that. Banks has many great post you should read. Stay positive.:flowerforyou: It is a new way of life but with many great rewards.:wink:

Need to bump the bump post for you too. You just find the post you want to appear at the top of the list so people can see it's there, and just reply. Once you reply (whether or not you type "bump" in there) it goes to the top of the reading list.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

It will fly by before you know it!
    Good luck and keep up the great work

Kim
  • beep
    Options
    [/quote]
    If you can do 3 weeks you can do 4, if you can do 4 weeks you can do 5!!! Remember you are NOT dieting, youare making a permanent lifestyle change. Don't make me come down to Texas:wink::laugh: :happy:
    [/quote]

Why not???? That would be fun!!!!!

Thanks everyone. I knew I loved this site. It is overwhelming at times. I also found out last night that a close friend of mine went straight from her doctors office to the hospital and was immediately scheduled for open-heart surgery. A severe wake-up call.... She's only in her late 50's.