It's that time of the month again....

Options
raisealittlehell
raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
When we see a bazillion threads of women confused about there monthly menses. I have no idea why after dealing with this most of our adult lives, that its suck a freaking mystery all of a sudden. But in light of it and cutting down on the amount of questions people seem to have, here is a consolidated list of all the things you can expect, seeing as you've been going through this since you hit puberty, but just in case you've forgotten:

1. Yes, you will retain water, which means the scale will move. If it bothers you that much- throw the scale out the window
2. Yes, you will get cravings. Eat whatever it is you want/ or don't, you have a calorie guideline here, use it as a tool or chalk it up as a bad day and move on.
3. Yes, you can still exercise- studies have actually shown it helps with cramps. HOWEVER, if you can't- than 1 or 5 days will not undo the work you've done
4. Stop whining about it. Seriously. We all get them (unless for some medical reason you don't), we all know it sucks, and we all know that for one week out of a month we are going to be crazy a** b*tches who crave junk food. Deal with it, and move on. No one needs a pity party or a freakin parade about it.

So, any questions?

edited to say: no, I am not currently PMSing. Just a user whose been around for awhile and is BAFFLED by the amount of TOM threads that pop up. Common sense apparently is in short supply around these parts...

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    No ma'am. I think you covered it :)
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh snap.. I think the OP is raggin it. Don't worry the moodiness will pass too. :ohwell:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Abandon_Thread.gif
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yes. Totally. I mean. . who doesn't know that?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I think we can close up shop here at MFP now.
  • _John_
    Options
    oh yeah...

BINGO!!!!!
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh snap.. I think the OP is raggin it. Don't worry the moodiness will pass too. :ohwell:

:laugh:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is it normal to bleed rectally too?
  • _John_
    Options
    Is it normal to bleed rectally too?

depends on how often you engage in **** ***
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

giphy.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Until everyone syncs up, there will be another thread....maybe tomorrow?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    All the women on MFP are synched up. It really is that time of month. :drinker:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    YAY ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT BLEEDING VAGINAS!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Until everyone syncs up, there will be another thread....maybe tomorrow?

Dammit, Cliff! :flowerforyou:
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Oh ya, I'd like to see you be a women for a day and see what its like. I bet most men couldnt handle the pain. We all know when you guys are sick, your all the same, Big babies that need us women to look after you's
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Oh ya, I'd like to see you be a women for a day and see what its like. I bet most men couldnt handle the pain. We all know when you guys are sick, your all the same, Big babies that need us women to look after you's

He's actually more of a woman than a lot of the women I know.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    stop whining about it ?? no

some women have far worse periods than others

some are in crippling pain the entire time , some deal with incredibly heavy flows too , painful head aches annd such

so yea I will whine about it as much as I want and have no problem with other women whining about it either
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Sooo because you haven't be able to give a women the big "O" its not real? right, right. :huh: :ohwell:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I actually do not gain weight nor do I have any weird cravings. :drinker: