Its time but need motivation!

Options
I had my baby girl 3 1/2 months ago and before getting pregnant I was on the weight loss journey using MFP. I had lost 20 lbs and was doing great. Yes I had my struggle days, but I pushed forward and did my best. Now that I am a momma of 2 and a wife I have no motivation let alone any energy. I want a change just need some motivation. I am hoping to start 30 day shred today if I can get myself to just do it!

Replies

• Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

First off congratulations on the baby girl!

I'm a dad of 3 kids and understand the lack of time, energy and motivation... been there many times :)

But I've been back at it on MFP for a few months now and I'm starting T25 on Monday - so while it's not the same program I'll definitely need some back and forth motivation (giving and taking) to get through it...

Keep moving forward!

Cheers!
  • Stacey984
    Stacey984 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome Back Leann!

Kids keep us going throughout the day, especially the little ones! Congrat's on your new addition. I'm a mom of 2, but they have both flown the nest. I help my boyfriend raise his twin 16yo daughters, work full time and decided that since I'm an old chic I needed to find a hobby so I am training for a fitness competition. Although I don't have the 30day shred we can definitely motivate each other in our journey! I weight train 4 days a week and supplement cardio 6 days a week (yes, sometimes two a day). I've lost over 20lbs since 2008 and find that the last 10lbs just don't want to leave - they like their new space. :)

I'll send you a friend request today.
    Stacey
  • dancindiva7
    dancindiva7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I don't have kids, but I understand needing that motivation when everything around you seems to keep you where you are. It's a day by day thing I think. Getting up everyday and choosing the veggies over the fries or the baked chicken over making chicken nuggets (I nannied for two years I know how much easier it is to do the nuggets!) It takes more work, but it's so worth it!! Good luck and keep your chin up!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,213 Member
    Options
    You are giving motivation too much power. You don't need to be motivated in order to succeed at your weight loss goals. You need a decision and commitment.

http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/