Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

People who were successful at shedding 50+ pounds

Replies

• Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    1 year, little over 100 lbs.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    2 months, 7 days to reach 50lbs down.
    9 months, 16 days for my current loss in ticker.
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Took me 5 month to lose 60 lbs in the Spring of 2012. I was maintaining at 190 for a year and a half but with an injury and lousy winter weather I gained about 14 lbs. I am back on the bike and running again and the weight is coming back off. Aiming to be back down to190 by mid August.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    About three to four months but i'm now down 70lbs. Clean eating, calorie restricted, and exercise when i can due to my hip injury. Calories dropped to 1800 or less per day.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    about 6 months, but i'm in a flux.
  • ksketcher
    ksketcher Posts: 9 Member
    Tomorrow will be my 1 year anniversary using MFP and I've lost 58 lbs. Its been a struggle worth the effort. I'm now able to do a few more things and I feel better about myself. :)
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    I have lost 73 lbs. Started 2 years ago. Just started exercising past few months. I have taken it slow and "sometimes steady". Which means I have enjoyed myself over holidays and summer vacations. My goal is to lose a total of 90 lb.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    It took me a year and I've kept it off for over two years :)
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    65+ lbs, at a steady pound per week for the first 50, then half pound til 65, now in the middle of constant cut/bulk cycles to lower BF%
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Took a little over a year - I would lose for about 4 months, go back to maintenance/slightly over for 3-4 months, and then restart again. This had more to do with fitness goals than weight loss goals. This pattern still repeats itself - but in a 10-pound range.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    About a year and a half.

It could have gone faster but I frequently took diet breaks. My sanity and body demanded the breaks. I've been maintaining for about 6 months now.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    It took 9 months to lose about 100lbs. Then I gained a few back over the last year so I am chipping those off before fall.
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    I fell off the wagon for awhile and gained some weight back. But in the last 95 days I lost 30 pounds.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    3 years, 111.5 pounds lost in total. 25-30 more to go!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Took me 18 months to lose 65 pounds. I would do so well in the summer/spring, then fall off the wagon hard though fall/winter. Maintained for six months til I got pregnant with my second child.
  • Fvck__it
    Fvck__it Posts: 1
    Lost 210lbs in 16 months, gained back 70lbs when I changed my diet.. Back on original diet, down 10lbs.

Change isn't always good!
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Seven months to lose 75lbs. I'm maintaining right now but I'd like to lose another 15ish,
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    I lost 100lbs, and it took me 3 years. Mind you, I did take a 9 month 'break' (aka fell off the wagon). Been maintaining for 3 months.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    100lbs in about 2.5 years.
  • nicklippa
    nicklippa Posts: 31 Member
    It will be a year since I started tracking on June 22nd. So far 57lbs, 42 waist to 34, 18 inch neck to 16, XLarge to Medium. More important than all that is I have not taken 1 antacid this calendar year and my wife says I do not snore anymore. She was ready to send me to a clinic. Sleeping in my own bed and not on the couch taking Pepcid is worth logging everything I eat in MFP, every walk, run, spin, body pump class I take. I can never go back to the man I was last year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!