Going off Track - Heading the wrong Direction? - READ ON!

Options
Have you found your self going off track, or heading down a slippery slope and you don't know how to get back?

Perhaps you need a tether, or an anchor to keep you grounded and in place! Let me explain...

As you sit here reading this, think of something that will remind you, and ground you to stay on track. Ideally you want to choose something that you can keep with you at all times. Perhaps something that can attach to your keychain. Keep in your wallet. Anything so long as you can keep it close.

A couple examples.

If it is your Kids that are motivating you, wether younger or older. Find a small thing that reminds you of them. Perhaps a small barrette if its a girl. Or safety pin for diapers.

Find a photo keychain, place a photo that motivates you in that, whether it is a loved one or another source of motivation.

If you want to run marathon, find a shoe keychain, use that as your anchor.

You can use any number of things, just make it personal and make sure it really means something to YOU

The idea of this is to find something that means something to you. In times of despair or during moments of weakness you need to go back to this "tether" Or Anchor and think about what your doing. Use it as a means to re-centre yourself and focus on why you are doing this. Then with the strength you gain from reconnecting with your reasons or motivation for this whole journey you WILL stay on track and not make that decision that you may regret in an hour or a day.

I will be honest, this idea is not original and it is certainly not my own. I was with Weight Watchers for a number of years. Lost the weight, made goal, and even worked for them for 2 years. Due to my own negligence I gained the weight back. For reasons that are my own I decided not to go through Weight Watchers this time around. What I did take from them is some Tools and lessons. I want to share them with everyone because they work.

The Anchor is one of those tools.

My anchor is a keychain in the shape of a 10 that I got for losing the First 10% of my weight and the other charms that were milestones for my WW journey. I hold it, and look at it everyday and it reminds me of all the steps I have taken to lose the weight.

Choose your Anchor.

Share it in this thread.

Cheers.

WR.

PS, Feel free to PM me or friend me if you like. I am open, honest. and love to help where I can!

Replies

• anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • goodcat
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! I've been doing pretty well but, in moments of hunger or boredom, I do give in and cheat. Then, I've wasted all that good counting and exercise, etc. If I keep a tether, it WILL help me to stay focused! I'm going to give it a try!

Good luck to you, too!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great idea...not sure what mine will be yet.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i guess my anchor is a picture of the bridesmaid dress i'm gonna wear in march. Does that count? :flowerforyou:
    right now it's taped in 3 places (so now matter where i look i see this dress) on my duel screen monitor. That way when i'm tempted i just see the picture and i'm less tempted to stray. I also have a picture of it on my phone so just in case i can see it. I know it's kinda lame but it's helped me for around 24lbs so far :laugh:
  • becomingsara
    Options
    This is so fantastic! I get so caught up in the minutia of learning this new lifestyle, that I forget that I am on this journey to become the strongest me I can be...I will think on what type of item that translates into, to keep in my pocket.
    Thank you again!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i guess my anchor is a picture of the bridesmaid dress i'm gonna wear in march. Does that count? :flowerforyou:

Absolutely this counts... it can be ANYTHING so long as it means something to you and keeps your grounded and on track..

awesome. Way to go!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Any more Anchors you would like share?

Anyone?