What's the best cleanse?

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
No, no, no, not that kind of cleanse! I'm looking for something that will positively impact my GI health as I have numerous health problems in that area including eosinophilic esophagitis/gastritis and diverticulosis and frequently experience GI upset and loose/irregular... well... things that should be firm/regular. My doctor has little to say beyond "eat fiber". I feel as though I do that adequately but I have so far had no luck improving my situation. Any anecdotal information or remedies you've found helpful? Thanks!

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have food allergies or intolerances. Get tested and get a new doctor who will help you.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have food allergies or intolerances. Get tested and get a new doctor who will help you.

THIS

Your doctor sounds less than helpful and I'm sure there are things you can do to improve your situation. Good luck!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

This would explain a few things.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a second opinion. If you're having constant runs (and not the kind with your feet), it could be a specific GI issue that you can remedy.
    In the meantime until you can see someone who will give you advice other than "more fiber", I would log your foods, and then log how you feel after each meal. See if you can target any problem foods, and bring that to the attention of your doctor.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Probotics !!!! Its a capsule that you take, found at the pharmacy,. It worked for a client that I work with and he is fine now. Good luck!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Probotics !!!! Its a capsule that you take, found at the pharmacy,. It worked for a client that I work with and he is fine now. Good luck!

It could definitely be an actual issue like an allergy, but lacking or damaged gut flora can also cause these issues. A good probiotic can help. Garden of Life makes a 5 day probiotic powder mix that is meant to help recover your flora after using antibiotics. You can also eat yogurt and drink keffir and kambucha (fermented milk and fermented tea) which contain naturally occurring probiotic bacteria. Eating fermented foods should also help, like real sauerkraut.
  • stanthom
    stanthom Posts: 13
    Options
    Dr. Schulze is hands down th best. For loose stools, his intestinal formula 2 is the best. Go to this site: https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php/Our-Products. Click digestion and elimination and you can find It there.

Dr. Schulze is of the cleanse and nourish thinking. For future reference, if you are having or have trouble with constipation, his intestinal formula 1 works for that. Proper elimination is important.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

I agree. It is amazing how much even a food intolerance (not allergy) can effect your whole digestive system.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, Radox body wash dries my skin out, so my new favourite is Dove.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

THIS

Your doctor sounds less than helpful and I'm sure there are things you can do to improve your situation. Good luck!

^^^^ this

because I thought the advice for diverticulitis was *not* to eat too much fibre and that too much of the wrong kind of fibre can worsen it

in any case, get a second opinion.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I like to shower
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I second the probiotic recommendation.
    Hmm.. have you tried eliminating some of the food groups that folks have trouble with?

-dairy
    -soy
    -gluten
    -nuts
    ?

I believe it takes a few weeks to completely get it out of your system and see if you feel any different, there is a lot of information out there about elimination protocols and you could keep a journal to see how your body reacts when you reintroduce those food groups.

Also, stress, hugely impacts many peoples digestive process, are you taking care of yourself and incorporating good stress management in your daily life?

In the meantime, my personal "bandaid" for all things intestinal: ginger! The only time I really make juice anymore is when I have an upset stomach - juice ginger, carrots, and half an apple, does wonders!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Kefir bro. Srs.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I like to shower

This is also good.
  • ValerieFort
    Options
    I have colitis (flare up free for a year and a half!). Lots of water and probiotics (along with my meds) have kept me in good shape. During flare ups I cut out dairy, go low carb (read paleo-like) and as low fiber as possible.
  • Jburch1982
    Jburch1982 Posts: 17
    Options
    You should try Zija premium tea. It's all natural and great benefits. Jbirch.myzija.com look into it and it's money back guarantee if you don't like it
  • Jburch1982
    Jburch1982 Posts: 17
    Options
    Moringa has been proven to help colitis. My dad has colitis so I know how bad it can get you down. Zija supermix could be a great thing for you. You should try it. Jbirch.myzija.com it's money back guarantee. If you have any questions in box me.