Need New Foods

Options
alrighty everyone i am going grocery shopping today, maybe get some new things to try? anyone got some ideas? so far out of my usual norm i have down, uber larabars and steel cut oats. I'm down to try anything new, clean & healthy :) Thanks for your help!

my usual-
Breakfast-- eggs, bacon, avocado, whole wheat bagel/english muffin
lunch - left overs from dinner the night before
dinner - meat and veggies (green beans, broccoli, carrots, spaghetti squash etc,) (sometimes quinoa or sweet potato)
snacks - quest bars, fruits & peanut/almond butter

15188748.png

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No one knows what you currently eat...
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    okay! i fixed it !
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    Best recipe ever for Chicken, which is pretty much what I live on. Mix 1/2c greek yogurt, 1/4c aged parm cheese, garlic, pepper, seasoning salt. Then just rub it over the chicken. This amount makes two thick chicken breasts or 4 with a thinner coat.

Strawberries/blueberries are in season, so I have also been having handful of strawberries (from my garden) and blueberries on bed of spinach. Then I add a little Merlot salad dressing. I like the kind that is made with greek yogurt in the refridgerated section next to the lettuce. Things that need kept cold seem less processed to me. Sliced Almonds or Chicken depending on my mood and how motivated I am to cook chicken.

Chicken, slice down the middle to create a pocket. Handful of spinach or kale, then 1oz cheese. I like to use what I call coal miners cheese. It is just a strong welsh cheddar. It is black with a picture of a coal miner on it though. 7oz container, so I just cut my block into 7 pieces and do 7 at a time and freeze.

Ground Turkey meat balls stuff with farms cheese and kale. Then I throw a little salt free dash on top.

Everything but the salad can be frozen, so I like to make a big batch. Lay them out on cookie sheet freeze them, then stick then in freezer bags. Then I just pick a meat and throw it in the over at 350 for 45 minutes or so.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks ! here is an idea maybe for you cause it sounds like you like chicken! I make a mean fried chicken :)

just cut the chicken into strips
    roll in egg
    then almond flour & parmesan cheese w/ whatever other seasons
    fry in coconut oil!

superrrrrr yummy!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Here is what I made/had on hand for meals and snacks this past week:

- cottage cheese with fresh fruit from the market (grapes, peaches, strawberries and raspberries all cut up to make a salad)
    - shrimp w/cocktail sauce cocktail (a tad expensive but cheaper than eating out and a very healthy and YUMMY protein source)
    - Sesame Ezekial Bread (found in the freezer) so incredibly good and I thought it would be bleh
    - avocado, corn and tomato salad
    - low fat egg salad with green olives (I used boiled eggs, chopped green olives, celery salt and Hellman's Canola mayonnaise)
    - Salad Nicoise (a composed salad with canned tuna, boiled fingerling potatoes, steamed green beans, tomatoes, boiled eggs, and olives drizzled with homemade dijon vinaigrette)
    - Perdue chicken burgers that I covered in Frank's hot sauce - super cheap and yummy
    - deli turkey and pepper covered ham and provolone cheese for sandwiches on that delicious Ezekial bread!
    - Chobani Greek yogurt
    - grilled tuna, swordfish, or chicken marinated in italian salad dressing
    - grilled london broil marinated in soy, honey and garlic

I hope some of these ideas work for you.
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    How about new recipes instead, make a meal plan for the week. Use ziplist.com to tag recipes you want to try.

I like this blog for food ideas:

skinnytaste.com
  • Zohar94
    Zohar94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    beans!! aubergines (google it and you know what i mean. my english sucks). spinach (owwww spinach :D) venkel i really love too. veggies are the most awsome ever!
  • greenkm2289
    Options
    I try and plan out meals for the week, and themes are really important, kind of like home made take out... for example I try to do mexican night by making brown rice with pepitas, top with black beans, organic salsa, avocado, lettuce, tomato, the works basically, and it really is satisfying to feel like you are getting that craving cure...
    Also, try a vegetarian meal every now and then if you're bored of basic chicken- for lunch I love love love a hummus sandwich with lots of fresh veggies- subway should so add it to their menu!
    Last, I try to eat fruit at every breakfast, it really helps your sugars stay stabilized throughout the day, and it adds a sweet treat to your eggs and bacon!
    Have fun and keep cooking!!!