Today's Groupon Ad-Doughnuts! I'm dying here

Options
cardbucfan
cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
Little rant here-I understand this is a free site (and love it very much!) and understand that the ads that are shown are based on your profile. BUT, today's ad for Groupon shows a dozen glazed donuts!!!! They are my weakness and I'm dying here! I must leave the computer now before I go to Dunkin Donuts!

O.K., thanks, I feel a little better.

Replies

• sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    HOW RUDE.

lol.
  • beylover
    Options
    LOL, I haven't seen that doughnut add. Anyway when it comes up, just tell your body that it didn't fancy doughnut before seeing that add and the craving will pass soon,
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Fire your internet explorer...

Hire Fire Fox and block ads...

I never see the ads.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I am not tech savvy but think somehow your system recognizes what you type or read or search. If you start paying attention you'll see patterns. I left a comment on a 30DS thread a while back and for a couple weeks all my ads were Jillian Michaels. Sooo ... DON'T SAY D-O-N-U-T-S!:laugh:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the site has no control of which ads show up.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh no...I didnt know that the pop-ups were that sophisticated. It's like being outed! I see donuts too....:cry:
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    If you also need an antivirus program, Kaspersky Internet Security comes with a really good banner-blocker. It has prevented me from seeing 717 banners in the last week alone.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I saw that the first time and thought my computer was reading my mind. So I immediately grabbed my tin-foil hat to block the wave-lengths. Now for some reason I just get mental assistance ads.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I saw that the first time and thought my computer was reading my mind. So I immediately grabbed my tin-foil hat to block the wave-lengths. Now for some reason I just get mental assistance ads.

LMAO! AWESOME
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options

smiley-laughing025.gif
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i want to eat these.....

imgad.jpg
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    i want to eat these.....

imgad.jpg

lol i was just going to say that I get that ad all the time and I have no idea what they are. Some creepy easter cookie thing? I don't know but it is nearly impossible to work where i work without typing cookie, as we are having to tell our employees to clear theirs all the time. When we tell them to clear their cache we get a blank stare. :-)
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    :bigsmile: On another note, though... MFP... I might be willing to pay for added features and to be ad free. Just puttin' it out there.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    All i ever get is fitness equipment and T.V. shows i'll never watch
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: On another note, though... MFP... I might be willing to pay for added features and to be ad free. Just puttin' it out there.

Ummm...no. I like free. It's in my budget!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options

Ummm...no. I like free. It's in my budget!

lol i wasn't suggesting it for everybody... just for those who do want to pay for it. And the added features would have to be WELLL worth paying for. I wouldn't pay for it just to get rid of ads. I can usually just ignore ads with no trouble. ;-)
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    It is funny that they would want to advertise milkshakes and donuts on a weight loss site, but maybe they think we are w-e-a k! We can pass this test guys!!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    oh noooooooooes!

imgad-1.jpg
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    oh noooooooooes!

imgad-1.jpg

OMG-they got you too!!! (I really think my weakness is chocolate chip cookies-I have NO willpower when they are around!)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    hmmm mine always shows sushi! :sick: Never seen a donut ad, sometimes (like just now) it just shows 70% off shopping deals with pictures of shoes, bags, clothes etc.