No Flour Products

Options
4mricandy
4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
Anyone ever have any success with weight loss by eliminated flour products (bread, muffins, etc0 for their diets?

Replies

• skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wrong area.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I lost 40kg following a programme that didn't allow processed food with flour and sugar. When I first started I thought, well if I can't have a sandwich or roll for lunch what the heck do I eat? Fruit, veges (cooked and raw), chicken, beef, seafood. Amazingly there is life after flour and sugar. It can be done and your body will love it.
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I also try not to eat any processed carb or sugar. I don't always do it but when i do i feel great and i lose weight easily. You can do it just eat what you normally eat but without bread. For example if you would normally have a sandwich for lunch just add more of what goes on the sandwich, if that makes sense. Also healthy fats are ok to eat. I wouldn't be able to go bread free without fats. I use olive and coconut oil a lot and put avocado on everything. one of my favorite things to eat is marinated mozzarella balls in olive oil with tomatoes. I don't think most people realize fats don't make you fat as long as their healthy, unprocessed fats.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever have any success with weight loss by eliminated flour products (bread, muffins, etc0 for their diets?

You want a different topic area - success stories is not the correct area for this question. Anyway, It's not necessary to eliminate a food group to lose weight. You really only need to avoid flour/wheat products if you are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease. Eliminating flour products typically provides short term success because it creates a calorie deficit but often proves to be unsustainable. you'll be more successful over the long run if you create a calorie deficit you find sustainable by eating foods you like in smaller portions.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If it helps me lose weight - it's a success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!