frustrated

Options
I am new, trying to be optimistic, but am a little frustrated -- have been trying to lose 8 to 10 lbs for at least a year and I just can't seem to get there. I'm going to really give this a chance and see if it helps. I work out 4- 5 days a week and lift weights on those days as well- and I try to keep challenging myself. I'm 43, 5'6" and 139 lbs-- would love to be at 130-- and like everyone at this age-- it's all right around the middle! I've visted several sites and this one really impressed me.
Hopefully we can all inspire eachother! - Cindy

Replies

• 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    I am new, trying to be optimistic, but am a little frustrated -- have been trying to lose 8 to 10 lbs for at least a year and I just can't seem to get there. I'm going to really give this a chance and see if it helps. I work out 4- 5 days a week and lift weights on those days as well- and I try to keep challenging myself. I'm 43, 5'6" and 139 lbs-- would love to be at 130-- and like everyone at this age-- it's all right around the middle! I've visted several sites and this one really impressed me.
    Hopefully we can all inspire eachother! - Cindy
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you, Cindy. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    Options
    Good luck and it is nice to be able to do this with other people. I am frustrated as well, it is so hard to lose the weight once you hit 40 yrs old. Keep strong and you will do it!:happy:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    you'll love it, stick to it and you'll see the weight peel off :-)
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    thanks so much for the words of encouragement from everyone!:wink:
  • Itscrunchtime
    Options
    I was frustrated, too. I am 23 and have 15-20 pounds to lose (baby fat) and I have been trying for over a year as well. So far, I've lost 4 pounds just by keeping track of the food in and calories out. This type of journaling really helps me to be organized. And the truth is: I still eat almost every thing I want, I just have to exercise more if I want to eat the piece of chocolate or what ever. If I'm feeling more ambitious another day I have a better chance at losing the weight and keeping it off. Just keep good track of your in/out take of calories. THis is the key!!!!-Suzanne