Progress Pics - from 213 to 170 - not done yet!

Options
ChristineinMA
ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
Tomorrow marks one year of using MyFitnessPal - Time to celebrate with progress pictures!

One year ago, I was doing a modest amount of exercise and I had recently bought a Fitbit One. Two weeks later, with no weight loss, I realized I needed to see where I was with my calorie intake. I resisted the idea of dieting, but I thought if I could just see what my intake was as compared to my exercise (Fitbit syncs with MFP!), I could get a better handle on the "Move more, eat less".

I was shocked by how many calories I was really consuming.

I began making healthier choices while still having food I enjoyed and the weight finally started coming off.

Here I am in August of 2012
29axths.jpg
After this point, I started aiming for 30 mins a day of walking most days, knowing that in reality I would actually manage to get out of bed before work around 3 days a week,

I bought my Fitbit on Memorial Day Weekend 2013. By August 2013, I was seeing real progress:
2qb6351.jpg

This is me this morning. It is a rest day from my Fitness Blender 4 Week Low Impact Cardio for Beginners, but I took a nice walk for stress relief.
2rh45yq.jpg

Replies

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also started MFP to track my food in take, quite the eye opening experience as I'm sure you'll agree! Keep up the good work
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wow, very inspiring!
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Very motivating :drinker:
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulation , you look great!
  • Juniper1221
    Juniper1221 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this you're such an inspiration!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Such a great job!
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! So inspiring. Never stop believing in yourself. MFP and Fitbit do work!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look great! Not to mention about 20 years younger!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work, it is paying off.:flowerforyou:
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's remarkable how different you look. I bet you feel so much better too.
  • bgraham414
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You're looking great!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Smashing! Younger, happier, thinner! What"s not to like? You"re fabulous, congratulations many times over for a successful year.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love that you are wearing the same shirt in all 3 pictures. It really makes the difference very noticeable. Not that it wouldn't be in other clothes - it would. Just wearing the same clothes the difference pops right out. I hope you know what I mean -I feel I may have bungled my words. :grumble:

You look great! I see a big difference in your arms as well as elsewhere. Gives me hope because I hate my arms.

Great work! Keep at it, you will definitely reach your goal!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! And rockin that new body with a great smile. Keep up the good work and you WILL get there.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! GREAT JOB lady and thank you for sharing!
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
    I was so shocked too when I saw what I was consuming! I had been in the hospital recently and the doctors told me to do a 'food diary' for 2 weeks... a friend suggested I just plug stuff into MFP and WOW!! Boy, did that open my eyes! Now I'm more aware of food portions and the effect of eating too many of them!
    Keep up the great work!! It's such an inspiration to me as I am in the early stages of trying to get myself healthy!!
  • RiniSixxx
    RiniSixxx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats! BTW those glasses bring out just how adorable and young you look :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!