Steak

Options
2»

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I usually end up cutting mine up into little cubes, pan frying it (with butter) with some peppers, onions, and zucchini that I had marinating in Italian dressing the night before.

Usually do about 10oz. of steak and an *kitten* load of veggies. SUPER filling.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Rib eye, rare. Salt and pepper.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    T-bone, medium, with a dry rub of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10590-montreal-steak-seasoning
  • michab108
    michab108 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ribeye, kosher salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic herb seasoning. Hard sear to both sides, little pat of butter melted on it, and done. I like it basically raw in the center.

KC Strip is my second choice, and sirloin the third.

I love steak with a selection from the olive bar at the grocery store and some fresh bread to sop up the steak juices and delicious oil from the olives. Haven't done that in ages, though.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    A thick ribeye (4-6" thick), grilled medium-rare, with the thinnest shavings of a blue cheese like Gorgonzola or Roquefort on the top, and then sliced up. If the cheese is thick it goes all greasy and slimey instead of bubbly and crispy and salty..
  • jarobichaux
    jarobichaux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Marinade: 1 part olive oil, 1/2 part soy sauce, 1/2 part lemon juice, garlic.

Marinate at least 6 hours. Pat dry and pepper heavily before grilling to NO MORE THAN medium rare.

This marinade is also fantastic for chicken. (Haven't tried it with fish, though I suppose it would be good, but you wouldn't let it sit for so long.)

...Beef. The other white meat.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Marinade: 1 part olive oil, 1/2 part soy sauce, 1/2 part lemon juice, garlic.

Marinate at least 6 hours. Pat dry and pepper heavily before grilling to NO MORE THAN medium rare.

This marinade is also fantastic for chicken. (Haven't tried it with fish, though I suppose it would be good, but you wouldn't let it sit for so long.)

...Beef. The other white meat.

That sounds awesome!
    I make a marinade with a mix of lower sodium soy sauce, a little sugar, and sesame seeds. It's the bomb.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I like mine med-med well, depending on the cut with minimal seasoning.

AND YES I LOVE A-1 AND I WILL EAT IT WITH MY STEAK.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate my steaks in Guinness and cook them medium/rare...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate my steaks in Guinness and cook them medium/rare...

It's times like these I wished I liked Guinness.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    A Filet served black and blue, a side of goose fat potatoes and creamed spinach, and a damn good bottle of Pinot or Cabernet.

Drooling...

I made a great rub last week that I used on tri tip. It was a chipotle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper rub. I served it with a cilantro lime butter on top. It was amazing!
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Rib eye, rare. Salt and pepper.

Beautifully simple. As a rib eye should be.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Dry aged strip, rare/med rare, butter, maldon
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    minimal seasoning, mostly s&p

But I do love a bone in filet. yum.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Strip or ribeye, dry rub of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Medium rare with a nice lager or porter. Grilled broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms. Potatoes eigthed, coated with olive oil and minced garlic, then roasted and sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    au poivre