Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - May 9

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Glorious Friday!

There is a small voice in the back of my head that can't wait to step on the scale on Monday. There's also a small voice that tells me to stop obsessing about my weight. It will say stuff like "100,000 people died in Myanmar and your worried about a pound of fat?" Not that I think what we do here isn't very important, just I need to stop obsessing every once and a while.

Yesterday I stayed on the easy track and did 500 calories - elliptical + walking. I only went over on food intake by about 50 calories:bigsmile: Today I plan on doing BL cardio if my legs are recovered from that step class. It's going to hit a heat index of 98 today (can I move up north now?), so the house will be plenty hot for the video. I might wimp out and go to the super air conditioned gym.

Something to check in to: The huge local University is having a sale on their gym stuff (end of semester here) today. I'm going shortly and let you know what I found. But if you're looking for weights, mats, misc gym stuff, you might want to check out your university's sports page and see if they are having a sale. They also have a bike sale of all the impounded bikes each year.

Happy Workout!

mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Glorious Friday!

There is a small voice in the back of my head that can't wait to step on the scale on Monday. There's also a small voice that tells me to stop obsessing about my weight. It will say stuff like "100,000 people died in Myanmar and your worried about a pound of fat?" Not that I think what we do here isn't very important, just I need to stop obsessing every once and a while.

Yesterday I stayed on the easy track and did 500 calories - elliptical + walking. I only went over on food intake by about 50 calories:bigsmile: Today I plan on doing BL cardio if my legs are recovered from that step class. It's going to hit a heat index of 98 today (can I move up north now?), so the house will be plenty hot for the video. I might wimp out and go to the super air conditioned gym.

Something to check in to: The huge local University is having a sale on their gym stuff (end of semester here) today. I'm going shortly and let you know what I found. But if you're looking for weights, mats, misc gym stuff, you might want to check out your university's sports page and see if they are having a sale. They also have a bike sale of all the impounded bikes each year.

Happy Workout!

mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is commuter walking. (probably an hour total)
    and then later, I'm doing BL power sculpt.

My allergies are really bringing me down. I ache all over, I can hardly breathe. . .it really makes me want to lay on the couch with a warm mist humidifier under my face. It's only a few weeks every spring, but it sucks. (call the "wah"mbulance, sorry).

And Mary, you can move here for the summer (although we get 100 degree days, too) If I can move down there next January.:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Hi all. TGIF. I'm pretty sure I forgot to show up yesterday...crazy day here.

I have been doing HH Abs Total Body Burn. For some reason-and probably not a justifyable one-I feel like I notice more of a difference overall when I do this as opposed to the BL Cardio one.

I think I would like to begin strength training now but have no idea where to start. I'm assuming this is where my husband's bowflex will come in handy. Any info or tips will be greatly appreciated as I have NO CLUE where to start.

Everyone have a super day:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning!

Was inspired to hit the gym TWICE yesterday! Did cardio in the morning, strength and abs at night.

Today:

* Did an hour of vinyasa yoga at the gym -- I'm not going to wear my HRM next time. It just amazing to me that I can sweat that much and only burn 240 calories.
    * Then jumped on the bike for 30 heart-pounding minutes, which burned 355 calories.

So I think I'm done with my workout for today. Now my goal is to eat healthily and perhaps go for a nice walk this evening.

Oh and dont' forget to watch NBC on Sunday night (8pm) for my show "America's Favorite Mom!"

Happy Mother's Day!