Whats your favorite protein powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I use ON Extreme Milk Chocolate. I must be the only one who prefers it to the Double Rich Chocolate. If you look online and get it in a 5 lb tub or 10 lb bag, you can usually find a pretty good deal on it. If you do buy a brand/flavor you don't like, another way of masking the taste is adding a little pudding mix to it (sugar free or regular, depends on your macros/calories).

I just bought a 5lb tub of the double rich chocolate, it's incredible.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey is by far my favorite so far. I either can't find a powder with better nutrition, or it's a lot more expensive... every flavor I've tried has been good, even the ones I didn't enjoy too much (french vanilla creme, but it's GREAT in coffee).
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find a protein powder that was 100% soy free. Even the whey powders have soy in them... Any suggestions?
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb Chocolate and I just found some protein pudding! Yum!
  • lightemupdc
    lightemupdc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, Optimum's 100% Whey is sort of the standard for fast-acting protein which is what I have as well. I also incorporate a scoop of casein protein by ON as well for more of a slow-absorbing protein as well. High quality products.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the one on sale
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 5 pound tub Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Double Rich Chocolate.
    I cant wait to try it , planning on put it in a blender with instant coffee and ice ... the perfect chocolate iced coffee protein shake :)

I'm always looking for deals on Ebay and Amazon
  • xcursumperficiox
    Options
    I alternate between two Swedish brands, Star Nutrition Whey 80 and Charlotte Perrelli's Fit & Smart. Both come with coffee flavour. These two are the only ones I can drink without gagging. Fruit powders taste like puke and chocolate ones taste like, well, chocolate flavoured puke.
  • krystal02
    krystal02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the RAW protein. Many protein shakes contain a host of harmful chemicals. Whatever you choose, check out the ingredients and make sure you're not poisoning your body.
  • naomigee161
    naomigee161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bulk Powders whey isolate 90 from bulkpowders online, high in protein and better carb/sugar content than MyProtein.
    NG156299 gets you £5 off new member orders ;)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm going to preface this post by saying if there is a good topic already about this (which I'm sure there is!), please feel free to simply direct me to that post!!

Some people can have a bowl of cereal and berries for breakfast and be fine. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I need 2 eggs and turkey sausage if I want to be functional. I need my protein! So I'm looking for other sources of good protein besides always eating eggs.

I've heard wonderful things about Shakeology, unfortunately I can't afford that.. So what protein/shake powders are your favorite and what do you recommend?

Avoid the Wal-Mart whey.... it's made poorly and is loaded with fillers.

I personally use Dymatize ISO (almost pure protein, and low calories), Cellucor Cor-Fetti (Great if you like cake batter), and Myofusion Cookies & Cream.

I avoid Optimum Nutrition because of how watery it is.
  • abbyblackcft
    Options
    IsaLean and Isa Lean Pro are soy free.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shakeology and it is very chalky. I didn't like it. I really like Cellucor, cake batter and molten chocolate. I also like Body Fortress chocolate peanut butter. I make them with unsweetened almond milk.
  • samg135
    samg135 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like the protein works. I have the banana and strawberry and cream flavorus.

You can buy them on amazon and they also do sample sizes whiche helped me figure out which ones I liked.
  • Evan808
    Evan808 Posts: 12
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Combat Powder is my favorite :), I love using protein blends. Cookies N Cream is so good :)
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition hydro builder post work out to build muscle-I swear I put on 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months from this stuff alone.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have been using GNC Total Lean 25 grams of protein. Tastes great! Just buy on sale or take advantage of buy one get second for 50% off.