beer?

Options
2»

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink a 6 pack when I do drink-don't judge!- and that would be almost 1000 calories! I switchd to Corona Light. It is less insulting than Bud light and still tastes like a beer.
    Or just drink a "Skinny B*tch" Vodka and Diet Coke!:flowerforyou:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love the microbrews too, and like most on here I have drastically cut down my alcohol consumption in the name of weight loss!
    However, I do have a Grey Goose / Club soda with lime every now and then...65 calories!
    Sounds like my kinda friend!:drinker:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Just found out I am going to the bar after work to meet up with a buddy from college... good thing I took it easy on food and will be drinking a couple of Guinness
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I was so scared of getting flamed, don't know why.

Flamed!? No way - we're all here for the same reason.
    I don't believe in 'banning' any foods or drinks - you just have to plan ahead! I'm fond of bourbon / whiskey / scotch which I wouldn't be drinking everyday anyways (I don't work in a Madison Ave advertising firm in the 50s...), but in terms of wine and beer - drinks people enjoy everyday or with meals - I think it's your call: enjoy the light beers when you feel like beer or wait for your occasional microbrew splurge...

I was relieved to find the 'Like Minded Lushes' thread here on MFP - reassuring to know that I'm not the only one with Boozehoundy tendencies sometimes....you might check it out...
  • djismith
    Options
    Hi Girl!

I say just have them! You have been rocking the gym and eating right! With Dhs days off I tend to maybe have one glaas wine or micro brew (having a duece of smoked porter minus 1/2 c. for cooking later) while he works 9 days straight. His five days off I tend to have a bit more fun, say 4 or 5 microbrews (new fav southern tier double IPA). I just tend to eat a bit better those days and excercise a bit more that day and the day after!

If your going to drink em',
    Make em count!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome :) I was so scared of getting flamed, don't know why. This is still so new to me, but I feel so good about it, this site is awesome. Its nice to know that its ok, I have felt so guilty even thinking about it. I've been working with a trainer to get started and when I asked him he made it seem like all booze was the devil, lol. I actually really like bud select, I was looking in the data base and I forgot all about good ol' sam adams light too!

I live to eat, not the other way around. Beer is fine, but i try to drink lighter beers like Mich Ultra. around 100 calories a pop. I find myself drinking more bourbon and scotch with ice, they only have about 70 calories an ounce. If i'm figuring to tie one on, i usually work out before hand so i have exercise calories in the bank. Sunday is my long run day, and usually ends with a bottle of red wine(Malbec), around 660 calories for an entire bottle, but when you have 1200 calories from running, who cares?:drinker:
  • JJDGraz
    JJDGraz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been an avid home brewer for more than 15 years. October of 2009 I started Nutrisystem. I lost 40 lbs. I quit 6 months ago and gained 10 lbs. The entire time I was successful I was on Nutrisystem. I maintained my intake of craft beer.

I was successful by exercising and calorie counting to adjust the daily intake of calories to balance the calories of the beer. You have to use realistic calorie numbers though. My SWAG of various googles tell me that Craft beers can have 370, or more calories per pint. Do the math and commit to your goals.

I am really looking forward to using MFP as I achieve my new goal. the Android App should make counting a lot easier than anything have used int he past.

I just found this excellent resource at Livestrong. For more information: http://www.livestrong.com/article/315030-microbrew-beer-calories/
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I enjoy RedBridge beer now days. It is gluten free and has a great taste.