Days of Our Lives

mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
About 9 years ago a friend got me in to watching Days of Our Lives (after I made fun of her for watching it LOL!). I watched it for about 4 years but due to my work schedule I couldn't keep up. For some odd reason I decided to set a DVR timer to record all the new episodes so I've been trying to get in to it again. Even though I'm a few days behind (don't have a chance to watch every episode every day when I get home) I wanted to see if any of you are in to Days??? After not watching for about 5 years I need someone to help catch me up on things they refer to that happened while I was "away". And maybe we could even laugh about the ridiculous things that happen in Salem, like Vivian being locked in a coffin! :laugh:

Replies

• I am a Days watcher. I sometimes can catch it replayed on Soap Net at night but mostly I catch up on weekends watching in on the computer. I will try to see if I can help you with your "away" time.. heeeeeee

Vivian being in the coffin, imo, is what she deserves. I don't really like her much.

Nicole
  • I stopped watching Days years ago when Marlena was possessed and levitating, or something crazy like that...lol! I haven't watched any soaps in many years but recently started watching General Hospital again because I just so happened to see a commercial about Brenda coming back. Vanessa Marcil plays that character and she's gorgeous...a great motivation for me! If I could only look half as good... :smile:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I used to love this show when I was younger!! I haven't watched since 1997-1998 though, so I can't be of any help. :laugh: Although once and awhile I'll be flipping through channels and I'll see it...and recognize most of the cast even though it's been 12 years!
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    I watch Days too. The storyline with Vivian is hilarious!
  • sltoye
    sltoye Posts: 9 Member
    That's funny that you should mention it. I haven't watched it really in years. I've caught a couple episodes here and there, but I have missed a great deal of it. I actually got time to watch it yesterday, but I couldn't find it on it's usual time.
  • Oooooo I use to be a hardcore Days fan. Now I can't keep up either. :frown:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Nicole – Ok so I’ve gathered that she “carried Phillip for 9 months” but isn’t his mother? And what’s the deal with her son? What was his name? She seems like a real witch, but her character was never on when I watched before. Looking for the low down on her….lol

Yeah I saw when Marlena was possessed, it got a little carried away for a while so I didn’t mind not watching anymore. I also stopped watching around the time people were getting murdered, who was responsible for that? And why the heck is Hope in jail? She attacked people? LMAO!
  • Nicole – Ok so I’ve gathered that she “carried Phillip for 9 months” but isn’t his mother? And what’s the deal with her son? What was his name? She seems like a real witch, but her character was never on when I watched before. Looking for the low down on her….lol

Yeah I saw when Marlena was possessed, it got a little carried away for a while so I didn’t mind not watching anymore. I also stopped watching around the time people were getting murdered, who was responsible for that? And why the heck is Hope in jail? She attacked people? LMAO!

Yeah, it got too goofy when they possessed Marlena. I don't remember who the killer was. Hope is in jail??? I loved Bo and Hope!!!
  • Nicole – Ok so I’ve gathered that she “carried Phillip for 9 months” but isn’t his mother? And what’s the deal with her son? What was his name? She seems like a real witch, but her character was never on when I watched before. Looking for the low down on her….lol

OK. Kate was trying to get pregnant and so she and Victor were doing IVF to get preg. Well Vivian found out and went in the clinic and posed at Kate and was impregnated with the eggs. When Kate went back, they informed her with what had happened. Instead of making Vivian abort, she carried Phillip to term and had him. That is why she keeps saying he is her son but really he is Kate and Victors.

Hope was responsible for all the men of Salem getting mugged. She and Bo has split up and her doctor was giving her meds to help her get through it. The major side-effect of the meds were sleep walking and not remembering what was happening. She teamed up with Dr. Baker (back from the dead) and took out her anger on all the men in her life/Salem. Ciera kept saying she had secrets. Once she showed them to Bo, he finally figured out what was going on. She set down with Hope, while she was under the med influence, and she admitted to everything. He taped it to prove to her what she said. Dr Baker tried to take all the blame but Hope would not let him. She admitted what happened and ended up getting jail time. I am not sure how much jail time she received.

Anything else???!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • mszSHOGAN
    Nicole you are a wealth of information! Thanks! Hopefully you don't mind my asking all these questions....:blushing:

Especially since I have a few more....:tongue:

Ok so I understand the whole Vivian/Victor/Kate/Phillip thing! Why was Bo wanting to kill Vivian though (which made Victor marry her)?

I don't recall a Dr. Baker, but coming back from the dead seems to be common place in Salem :laugh: . What made Bo and Hope (I always hated when he called her "Fancy Face") split in the first place.

One more thing - What the story with Nicole "stealing" Sidney from Sammie and taking care of her?
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Bo and Hope split because Hope didn't like the way Bo handled their daughter Cerria's kidnapping, at the same time Carly came back she had murdered Lawrence, her husband, (Vivian's nephew) in self defense. Vivian was after Carly so Bo moved her in to prtect her. At this time Vivien agreed to leave Carly and her daughter Melony (Philip's wife) alone if Victor married her.

Dr Baker was OB for Nicole and Sami at an out of town clinic. They were both pregnant by EJ. Nicole lost her baby at 5mo. but keep the pregnancy thing going and had a prego teen set up to give her baby to Nicloe at birth. Sami was in witness protection and gave birth at this out of the way clinic, the same day Mia (the teen mom) delivered her baby at home w/ Nicole. Nicole took the baby to the clinic as Sami gave birth. Dr Baker helped Nicole switch them. Sami ended up w/ Mia's baby and Nicole had Sidney--Sami and EJ's baby. Nicole raised Sidney from birth until just under a yr old.
  • mszSHOGAN
    Oh wow, I didn't know Cierra was kidnapped - who did it?!? Now I understand why Vivien and Carly have it out for each other.

So I'm guessing that Sami found out about the switch (hence how she got her daughter back), so what happened to the other baby? Why didn't Nicole get her? Who is Ally's (Sami's other daughter's) dad?
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    I've been hooked on Days since I was home when my son was born.
    Nicole and Dr. Baker switched the babies. Nicole lost her baby and thought she would steal Sami's since she was married to EJ and he was the father. (he didn't know he was the father) She found a young girl who wanted to give her baby up for adoption through Dr. Baker (who was delivering babies and selling them illigally when their mother didn't want them) So she switched the babies and then the baby Sami had (the young girls) died suddenly.
    Ally's dad is Lucas. She had twins one being Lucas's and one's Ej's....only on Days...
  • lilac67
    Cierra was kidnapped by another cop that had it in for Hope.
  • lilac67
    I can't believe that Caroline reaked such havoc switching Chloe's paternity test! I really wanted it to be Daniel's baby!
  • mszSHOGAN
    I vaguely remember Sami having the twins with one father being Lucas and one being EJ. So Ally and Sidney are the twins? Where does Johnny fit in to that?

Yeah I can't believe Caroline did that either, her whole demeanor was SO different when her and Kayla were talking about it all. She got kind of psycho! I feel bad for Daniel, he's so unsuspecting.

I hope that proof that Sami shot EJ surfaces soon and she goes to jail. I can't stand her character. Always doing something wrong but never being held responsible....
  • lilac67
    Johnny (EJ's) and Ally (Lucus's) are the twins. Lucas went to jail and Sami slept w/ EJ (the night Lucas got out of jail-- he walked in on them!!) and she became pregant with Sydney and she didn't tell EJ. She gave birth to Sydney. Mia gave birth to Grace. Nicole and Dr Baker switched them so, Sami named her daughter Grace and Nicole named "her daughter", Sydney. Grace died and they found out Grace was Mia's baby (Mia gave to Nicole) and Sydney was Sami's.

I think EJ wants to find the evidence to make Sami marry him!! Just my hunch!!
  • I have watched DOOL for over 30 years, first with my grandma and mom, and always with Another World until it went off the air! Even now 1 pm is my relaxation time -- I was so pissed when the POTUS was on on Wednesday during "my" show! The stories are always silly but I still love it because I have so many good memories of watching it with my loved ones. All the old cast members that came on this past summer when Alice died, that was fantastic. The only thing that really isn't right was the firing of John and Marlena over money. But I'll stick with it until the end!
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    I love this show. I'm lucky I have a tv in my studio so when I'm doing my radio show I can totally tune in!
  • mszSHOGAN
    What was Lucas in jail for? I do remember him and Sami getting back together shortly before I took a LOA from Days, lol!

So since Sami didn't tell EJ about Sydney is that was EJ kidnapped her?
This discussion has been closed.