Just wondering

Options
Can I count taking care of a baby as exercise? ; )

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Baby Circuit Training
    Try a 'baby circuit' with your baby in a baby carrier or baby sling.

Add several sets of squats, dips, lunges, step-ups, or step-downs holding your child as resistance
    With your baby lying on the floor, get on your hands and knees and do partial range pushups lowering down to kiss your baby on the nose.
    Do reverse corner pushups for the middle back while you have your child in a baby sling or carrier.
    If your baby can hold his head up, lie on your back and hold your child in the air over your chest (as an airplane) and press your child up as you lift your torso off the floor to strengthen the abdominals.
    With your baby on your lap or in a baby carrier, do triceps dips off the couch or a sturdy chair.
    Walk on the treadmill or elliptical trainer (if you happen to have one at home) with your child napping in his sling or carrier.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Baby Circuit Training
    Try a 'baby circuit' with your baby in a baby carrier or baby sling.

Add several sets of squats, dips, lunges, step-ups, or step-downs holding your child as resistance
    With your baby lying on the floor, get on your hands and knees and do partial range pushups lowering down to kiss your baby on the nose.
    Do reverse corner pushups for the middle back while you have your child in a baby sling or carrier.
    If your baby can hold his head up, lie on your back and hold your child in the air over your chest (as an airplane) and press your child up as you lift your torso off the floor to strengthen the abdominals.
    With your baby on your lap or in a baby carrier, do triceps dips off the couch or a sturdy chair.
    Walk on the treadmill or elliptical trainer (if you happen to have one at home) with your child napping in his sling or carrier.

I never thought about doing anything like that! Totally going into the mental file for when I have another lol
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    When we had our 3rd child, I swear she lived in a baby back-pack! I carried her when I cooked, walked the dogs or the older kids, got groceries, you name it! It is definitely exercise! (Great for the legs!)

But you could also change your setting on your profile to "active" or higher....and that would take extra daily work into consideration.