Medication and Diets

Options
I need some advice. I am trying to lose weight however, I am not having much luck and thought I would try this site to see if it helps me. I have been taking prednisone to help my lungs, I have been on this medicine for about 1 and a half years. This medicine raises your appetite and makes you retain water. My doctor said I need to lose weight or die so I started to take Lipozene and was watching what I eat and increase my water intake. Instead of loosing weight I gained weight. I have also been exercising. I found this site hoping that keeping track of what I am really eating will help. I am desperate to loose the weight but want to do it safely. I can not stop taking the prednisone at this time because the last time I tried I ended up in the ICU. What can I do to turn this around. I have never had this problem loosing weight before.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The predisone makes people hungry and many crave sweets. But your body does not really need that food. Keep exercising. Keep track of your food/calories here.