Food

Options
K guys I need some help here. I have to go out to dinner for my moms b-day tonight and tomorrow. I only have 1300 calories for the rest of the day. I'm hoping to have at least 900 by the time dinner comes. Any recommendations for food or do I have to starve until dinner??

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    First of, don't worry about it. Just take a day off on special events. Life is too short to worry about missing special fun in your life. Just don't do it that often.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    1 quarter head of lettuce (2 cups) is like 25 cals. The dressing you choose will increase that so choose wisely.

That should fill you up until dinner.

Also make SURE you are getting your water in... that will help keep you full.

Fiber One Cereal (the original pellet kind) is like 60 cals/cup. IT"S SO YUMMY!! that will DEF keep you full!

WATER, WATER, WATER....
  • ileitch
    Options
    Maybe you can go for a walk and get some bonus calories that way.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    First of, don't worry about it. Just take a day off on special events. Life is too short to worry about missing special fun in your life. Just don't do it that often.

Amarillo - I totally agree, I did workout today to get some x-tra and that is absolutely helping. So I will try to eat a small lunch but I really won't be upset :)

Thank you guys!
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    1 quarter head of lettuce (2 cups) is like 25 cals. The dressing you choose will increase that so choose wisely.

Fiber One Cereal (the original pellet kind) is like 60 cals/cup. IT"S SO YUMMY!! that will DEF keep you full!

WATER, WATER, WATER....

I agree, maybe add some protein, that will cut your hunger.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options

WATER, WATER, WATER....

I agree... except I thought she was looking for low cal foods so she could eat nice at dinner... ::shrug::
  • Andre_Demers
    Options

WATER, WATER, WATER....

I agree... except I thought she was looking for low cal foods so she could eat nice at dinner... ::shrug::

Yes she did. Here are a few examples of low calory protein that can be added to a salade. (Hard boiled egg 60 cal, mixed nuts 26 pieces 68 cal, chicken breast 1/2 cup 115 cal.). I am sure there are so many more.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    DON'T STARVE! I wouldn't 'bank' your calories either or you're likely to binge. I would eat something right before dinner to spoil your appetite (my fave is a huge salad tossed in 2 tbs of dressing). This will make it easier for you to 'resist' tempting but empty calories (like the bread basket).

I usually drink black, decaf coffee (decaf because I'd be up all night otherwise) during the bread and appetizer course. Make a smart choice for your entree and pack up half when it arrives at your table (request a to-go container when you order). Have a few bites of dessert.

ENJOY!

Charmagne