Goals?

Options
Currently i weigh 189.7, and at 5' tall that is WAY too much to be healthy. the Ideal weight for someone my height is 120ish, and i would LOVE to get there. BUT I have decided to set smaller goals for myself along the way. Currently I'm working on a 10% goal of 171 :)

What are some of your goals?
Do you set mini-goals?
What are some of the "best" mini goals to set?

Just wanted opinions and they would ALL be helpful! :)
Thanks everyone and have a WONDERFUL day!!

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I just did this!

Mini Goal 1: Lose 5 pounds
    Reward: Mani/Pedi
    Mini Goal 2: Lose 10 pounds
    Reward: New clothes
    Mini Goal 3: Lose 15 pounds
    Reward: Mani/Pedi
    Mini Goal 4: Lose 20 pounds
    Mini Goal 5: Lose 25 pounds
    Reward: Road trip
    Mini Goal 6: Lose 30 pounds
    Reward: Spa day
    Mini Goal 7: Lose 35 pounds
    GOAL: Lose 40 pounds
    Reward: New Tattoo!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Because I had 93lbs to lose I set mini goals for myself incriments of 10lbs each, this seems attainable to me rather than saying I have to lose 93lbs by _____date it keeps me focused to say I have 10lbs to lose by _____date.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I didn't set mini goals overall when I started, but would have weekly and monthly goals, and still do.

Right now, my overall goal is to get to 140, but will change that when i get there. My monthly goal for this month is to be 140 at the end of November, along with no fast food, eating better, and getting up to 60 minutes of exercise at least 4 times per week.

I usually do weekly goals as well, that help me to get to the bigger goals. Those are usually exercise so much, eat more fruits/vegetables,stay under calories, drink more water - those types of things.
  • blel0906
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and started on this lifestyle change about a week ago at 220. I'm not 100% sure what weight I want to settle at. For now I'm focusing on getting below 200lbs..I think once I get there I will take it 10lbs at a time.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Check out my signature and you'll see the mini goals I've set. Good luck to you!!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to simply get through each day by making good choices that are healthy for my body. If I screw up one day, tomorrow is a new day and my goal is reset!

My overall goal is to be 140.

One freakin' day it will happen. :laugh:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    lol. Goals... Oh my do I set goals, and mini goals, and weekly goals, and daily goals!

You should just SEE my calendar, I have my goal weight on every Saturday for the next two months at a loss of 1.6 a week (although I'm pretty consistent losing closer to 2 a week), I also have fitness goals for the month, work weight goals for out "biggest loser" contest, weight goals for the end of each month, a goal for holidays (H20 group), and long term goals lol! I like to have it all set so I know whether or not I'm on the right track!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    I set mini goals, I feel they are a lot more easier to get to rather than struggling on one high number and possibly getting disappointed. I have set my mini goal to 150 by Thanksgiving (losing average of 1.5pd per week), 145 by Christmas. My 1st goal is to reach 145 and then get back to my pre-prego shape to 135-140. Other goals are to drink more water and log my calories everyday...

now if I can only get my butt up to exercise!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i set monthly weight/fitness goals, and then i do a weekly challenge to get myself into the "right" eating habits!